Introduction.

chaff

Hi Everyone.

To introduce myself, my name is Jack and i'm currently doing my HSC in Coffs Harbour, NSW. I live in a small town south of there. However next year I could be somewhere else doing Uni. Im looking to get into Djing just as a hobby/bedroom for a bit of fun.

Anywho, I was doing some research regarding Dj-ing, and found a few forums which i found quite interesting, hence I became a member on ADJF. Being a total beginner, I've been trying to get a grasp of the variety of DJ methods used. Having no experience, i'm a bit hesitant to jump right into spending many months savings on gear without having a bit more confirmation of whether or not its going to get decent use.

My musical taste: Well, my tastes are pretty varied but at the same time im a bit parochial within genre. However I think part of the DJ experience is getting to discover new music, or music that is at least new to me. So at the moment I listen to a lot of older rock, modern alternative, hip hop, dubstep, and i'm trying to discover new techno & electronic. I'm always keen to discover new music, and share with others.

The main decision im going to be making in the next few month is whether to go with vinyl, CDJ or a all in one like the Traktor S4.

So any comments or advice, general or specific is very welcome.

Cheers,

Jack

welcome to the forums dude.

if you have any specific question dont hesitate to ask.

in the mean time a few electronic genre you may want to check out are

Dutch house(shit like afrojack, douster, ralvero all those intence high pitch melodies.

Fidget( stuff like jack beats, hot mouth, WonK, mightyfools..... wobbly beats)

Jacking house(tom EQ, hijack)

sure some others will give you a few more to look at too

Welcome man! :safe: I'm sitting my hsc this year too lol. Only a few more days until business studies farkkk . Anyway stick around and you shall learn heaps :)

bruz, business studies is fucken easy i didnt open a book for any hsc exam and managed 75% in business studies n 60%ish in the rest, shit uai but (33.6) but fuck uni anyways haha..

wait til you get a job and your manager wants whatever the last project he gave you done by COB and you don't even know what it's about. and you can't go and ask the nice teacher either

you'll find school will be useless to you

or ASAP, you know because the other 15 jobs in my helpdesk, the ones you said needed to be done ASAP, dont need doing right?

prioritising, people skills, barganing/compromise and getting your point across without sounding like your telling someone what do will get you a lot further, and those sort of skills you can only learn on the job, not from some uni.

another thing i hate about uni is that more often than not, uni lecturer's dont have any real world experience, the finish school, go to uni, then become a teacher /lecturer :oops: