Scam Sites

Jaz

scamwarningmiring.png

We often get people questioning if something is real from some random DJ gear site with the most amazing prices we've ever seen.

If it's too good to be true, it isn't.

List of known scammers:

http://www.muamat.com/classifieds/-30/p ... TION_.html

http://www.adoos.com.au/post/15549385/2 ... _1_limited

http://www.au.topclassifieds.info/2010/ ... tion-blue/

http://www.dj-wholesale.com/mixers-pioneer_c123

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

heres one.

http://www.globalsound.com.au/

my gf went to buy some reference monitors from this place originally due to cheap price. after looking into it http://www.globalsound.com.au/ we found the business currently is operated in New Zealand. This is the 3rd business name the owner has used for the same purposes after being shut down multiple times. Not to mention the owner has also been charged with credit card fraud recently.

Hope this helps helps someone

• 1 year later...

janemile11@gmail.com

And

Desmondconnor34@gmail.com

For the record, anyone who texts you to email them about your gum tree advert with a name in the number field that you can't reply to.

They will usually reply like this:

Thanks for your swift reply. I am interested and I would have loved to come for viewing and inspection but i am currently overseas at the moment and i want this item picked up before i get back. Due to my inability to make a bank deposit, I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for me. Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an account at http://www.paypal.com.au if you dont have one. Iwill make a concrete pick up arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for pick up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account and if you have agreed to sell to me, kindly remove the listing on gumtree

Have a nice day.

Cheers

After keeping them going for a while I replied:

u are 1 ****ing cheeky **** mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol ****in sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil ****in gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer

:faku:

janemile11@gmail.com

And

For the record, anyone who texts you to email them about your gum tree advert with a name in the number field that you can't reply to.

Thanks for your swift reply. I am interested and I would have loved to come for viewing and inspection but i am currently overseas at the moment and i want this item picked up before i get back. Due to my inability to make a bank deposit, I would be paying via PayPal which is safer for me. Kindly send me a paypal payment invoice or create an account at http://www.paypal.com.au if you dont have one. Iwill make a concrete pick up arrangement with my transport agent who will be coming over for pick up once you receive full payment into your PayPal account and if you have agreed to sell to me, kindly remove the listing on gumtree

Have a nice day.

Cheers

u are 1 ****ing cheeky **** mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol ****in sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil ****in gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer

i achaly had this a few months ago when i was selling gear. replying about an hour after all of my messages. eventually i ended up replying saying that was fine more than happy to sell to you, just give me the name, address and contact information of your agent and i will arrange pickup/delivery asap.

thankyou

no reply :megusta:

janemile11@gmail.com

And

Have a nice day.

Cheers

i achaly had this a few months ago when i was selling gear. replying about an hour after all of my messages. eventually i ended up replying saying that was fine more than happy to sell to you, just give me the name, address and contact information of your agent and i will arrange pickup/delivery asap.

thankyou

no reply :megusta:

Anyone claiming to be in a country other than yours (eg because they work on oil rigs, in the military, on fishing boats etc) and who will need a third party to arrange delivery is nearly always bent.

Most people trying to rush you into a quick sale are normally sus.

If they advise you that they will send you a link to use third party software such as paypal or google checkout this should set alarm bells ringing. It will not be the real google or paypal but a fake site only available via the link they send.

^These scams are not country-specific. All the money ends up in Dolans pockets.

Anyone claiming to be in a country other than yours (eg because they work on oil rigs, in the military, on fishing boats etc) and who will need a third party to arrange delivery is nearly always bent.

Most people trying to rush you into a quick sale are normally sus.

If they advise you that they will send you a link to use third party software such as paypal or google checkout this should set alarm bells ringing. It will not be the real google or paypal but a fake site only available via the link they send.

^These scams are not country-specific. All the money ends up in Dolans pockets.

Yes out of country is always sus

need to be careful with anything that needs to posted as well

there is also a scam going round in which buyers will offer to 'trade' their items. which arnt often what they seem.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

beware of gumtree scams

they are especially dangerous as most people already have contact details listed

coming to you offering to buy your stuff immediately through agent, cant pickup item and pay cash etc

stuff like this (sent to me earlier after initial interest to purchase gear)

Thanks for the mail...I am wanting to purchase it for into my new home

right away, however due to my job, calling and surfing are almost

impossible but i managed to check the advert and sms'd you.I would be

glad to pay for it as soon as possible though i will not be available

to come for an inspection due to my ever busy lifestyle. Kindly answer

the following questions;

- Are there any scratch on it?

- Are you the only Owner?

- Your phone Number?

- Your address for me to pass it to the pick up agent for them to

arrange time and the date for the collection?

- Your Registered PayPal name and email for me to proceed with the payment?

- If you do not have paypal, I can still transfer the funds directly

into your bank account through paypal, so kindly supply bank details.

I would be glad to process payment immediately so kindly get back to

me with your details for me to proceed with the payment as soon as

possible. You need not to worry about packaging or wrapping prior to

collection cos the shipping people will handle that therefore in order

to complete the transaction, you just need to get back to me with your

payment details and confirm the total cost so that I can make the

payment asap. I will be waiting for your reply

Kind regards,

when i message back saying cash only on pickup

thanks for the mail, i want you to get back to me with the payment

info and the asking price so that i can make the payment now.

price clearly stated in my emails to her advised that did not want online transaction so was no need to exchange my paypal info.

• 3 months later...

I got scammed a few weeks ago trying to buy some gear, admittedly the price was to good to be true, but the replies were via text from an Australian number and the 'guy' I was texting was replying like your typical Gumtree seller.

I suggested I'd like to have a friend that I know lives nearby come have a look and he was fine with that too, he said he'd post it via Aus post and send me the tracking number, but as soon as I sent the money, no reply...

I'm in Vic and he was supposedly in WA

Moore_clive@yahoo.com.au was the email so if anyone is looking at gear and that's the email address stay away!

Moral of the story, only buy local.

• 2 weeks later...