BEHRINGER EUROPOWER EPQ1200 POWER AMP

Addi

Hey Guys,

So im pretty noob when it comes down to the technical side of audio stuff. I currently have pioneer cdj 200s and a DJM 400. I have a SPL-500 amp and 2 skytec 250w SL10" speakers (Yes, im one of the suckers who bought itas a package off DJ City).

Now the speakers and amp work fine, no problems there, but I really want to hook up a sub for that extra punch especially for house parties and stuff. I was looking at upgrading the amp to this Behringer EPQ1200.

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/BEH-EPQ1200

Now excuse the noobness, but from what I can gather, I would be able to hook up my current speakers + a sub to that amp yeah? And if I got this amp it would allow more headroom to upgrade my speakers down the track im assuming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

you've almost nailed it

quick question, the skytech speakers are 250W max im guessing? and not watts RMS so that should be fine to run off 1 channel on that EPQ, however if that is watts RMS i think you'll be finding you'll want more power....but i think there quoted in max

now, depending on the Sub you get channel 2 will be fine to run it, but it alone, so adding more speakers down the track is most likely out of the question....as for the sub most 15"ers will run of that channel by themselves fine, a bigger 18" may struggle for power...

I have the much bigger brother of the EPQ amp, the EPX3000 i think its called, and im running 2x120w speakers of channel 1, and 2x250w subs of channel 2 and its doing the job perfect

Tip, stay away from DJcity (my opinion) and your right to get rid of the SPL-500, i went threw 2 of them in 2 weeks both falling apart like an old lady

hope this helped dude :)

Az - Im pretty sure its 250 RMS, I could be wrong.

Yeah I guess if I get a good set of speakers I will just run them 2 plus the sub and it will do everything I need for a house party. So with his amp, I would run the 2 speakers through Channel 1 and then the sub through channel 2? Sweet.

Yeah man helped heaps, cheers!

id check if the speakers are RMS or maxx watt before you buy the amp, because if its 250 RMS each then you may find the amp struggling to power them from 1 channel because i think the speakers would be 8 ohms...

link me the speakers and ill check for you

Aw man really? Spewin. See this is where I get hell confused haha, even though my speakers are 250rms or whatever, and the amp is 1200W, and it says "2 x 600 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2 x 320 Watts into 8 Ohms", I can't hook the 2 speakers into the one channel?

1200W max (basically before the amp explodes), the speakers are 8ohms,320 watts each channel, 2xspeakers = 500 watts on 1 channel....not gonna work for that amp sorry dude

Tis very confusing when your a noob

Extra $200 but what i have will be more then enough for 2 speakers on 1 channel and a sub on the other, + will leave room for 1 more speakers to be added to the amp if you get another 1

http://www.storedj.com.au/products/BEH-EPX3000

if im honest man id ring DJcity and see what extra info you can get out of them on your speakers because 250watts RMS is heaaaaaaaaaaps for 10inch speakers....mine PA speakers are just as cheap and are only 120w RMS each speaker, and they are 15's

so im guessing that 250 quoted isnt all that truthful, wouldnt surprise me from DJcity....