Audio Interface - the INS & OUTS

Bonz

-Monitors XLR......just get a rca to XLR cable

-as the akai mpk 49 has midi over USB you only need a sound card that has good ASIO drivers

-as for the traktor S4.....the s4 has its own sound card.....so you will not need a sound card if you get the S4

-Monitors XLR......just get a rca to XLR cable

-as the akai mpk 49 has midi over USB you only need a sound card that has good ASIO drivers

-as for the traktor S4.....the s4 has its own sound card.....so you will not need a sound card if you get the S4

-but im being told to steer away from unbalanced cable and stick to XLR or TRS all the way.

-Im using a laptop, and using an external sound card at the moment which isnt involved in ASIO drivers at all....thats one of my reasons for lookin at an audio interface....does the akai mpk49 USB into the laptop and plug into the audio interface?

yeh forgot to mention that in the other thread man, most midi controllers over a couple of hundred dollars come with soundcards now

ahh really? had no idea! do u possibly know if the mpk49 does?

the mpk 49 has no sound card....its just midi over usb...not midi & audio over usb

you can plug the mpk 49 to your laptop by usb and run another usb/firewire sound card or by pluging the mpk 49 midi output into the midi input on the sound card if the sound card has midi but you will need power the mpk if you would like to do it that way

yes its better to run XLR or (jack ) TRS...

but only the top end sound cards have XLR in's & out's...like the fireface 800....

if you want a good cheep sound card that runs balanced jack in"s & outputs....& has midi input & outputs.....look at a edirol fa 66 firewire sound card

I have been using the FA 66 for over 4 years for my DVS & my DWS....

are you on mac or pc

the mpk 49 has no sound card....its just midi over usb...not midi & audio over usb

you can plug the mpk 49 to your laptop by usb and run another usb/firewire sound card or by pluging the mpk 49 midi output into the midi input on the sound card if the sound card has midi but you will need power the mpk if you would like to do it that way

yes its better to run XLR or (jack ) TRS...

but only the top end sound cards have XLR in's & out's...like the fireface 800....

if you want a good cheep sound card that runs balanced jack in"s & outputs....& has midi input & outputs.....look at a edirol fa 66 firewire sound card

I have been using the FA 66 for over 4 years for my DVS & my DWS....

are you on mac or pc

If i just run the MPK through the laptop USB and not run it through the interface will that lower the quality of production?

So when u say the edirol fa 66 has balanced jack in's, are u saying that it has 1/4" TRS jack in's?

What gear are u running off the Edirol FA wazza?

im on PC....

so im able to run the Montior speakers off the edirol through balanced jacks, the MPK off the laptop ....and traktor has a dedicated sound card..

this all correct?

by midi controllers i meant like the S4, that kind of midi controller :lol:

sorry dood, read it wrong.

If i just run the MPK through the laptop USB and not run it through the interface will that lower the quality of production?

hey bonz il let wazza answer the rest when he gets around to it, but in regards to above, as per wazza's comment no actual sound is coming from your MPK. it is just sending command controls to whatever program you are using. so the quality of sound is not affected by plugging the MPK in by USB.

hey bonz il let wazza answer the rest when he gets around to it, but in regards to above, as per wazza's comment no actual sound is coming from your MPK. it is just sending command controls to whatever program you are using. so the quality of sound is not affected by plugging the MPK in by USB.

Ok right on..thanks for the quick answer eggsell.

Rang a few places and got steered towards the NI Kontrol and the M-AUDIO FAST TRACK, both around the 300 mark... You guys know much about these two??

got a NI kontrol 1 sound card never had a problem using it on a mac platform but hearing reports that some driver problems with it on windows

Ah really? The link that u posted, do they have the fix for the drivers problem in that forum?

Ravni are u running ur monitors through 1/4" TRS jacks??

yes the edirol fa 66 has 2,1/4 trs jack in put on the front and 4 1/4 trs jack outputs on the back

so you can run your monitors ..

how I run this sound card is I plug my edirol pcr 500 key board into my P.C by usb to control VSTi in my DVS software....I have my edirol fa 66 sound card plug into my laptop by firewire ( firewire is faster than usb 2 )

because the edirol fa 66 also has midi input & midi output ( the old 6 pin midi plugs )

I also have my roland mv 8000 hardware sampler midi outputs pluged into the edirol fa 66 sound card midi inputs ....this controls the 16 pad sampler in my software

so I'm running midi over usb & midi and audio over firewire at the same time

,do you have firewire on your p.c..???

I'm looking to sell my edirol fa 66 for under $300

so I can get a roland sonice cell or a apc 20

http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... ductId=731

ok i fully understand u now.

thanks for the rundown wazza. been a big help dood.

this probly sounds real stupid but ive eva really used firewire before...

so im not entirely sure...i only bought this laptop round 5 months ago...so its pretty new.

for under 300 huh?

hmmm doesnt sound bad.

let me know when ur gunna sell it.

selling it as soon as...I dont need it any more

I'v moved to serato on a rane ttm 57 sl mixer for my DVS software , & will not be using mixvibes anymore

the edirol is a good sound card for recording mix's to your P.c

but I now do all my mix recording to my roland mv 8000 samplers harddrive and then to c.d from the mv 8000 c.d recorder

you are the only one I have offered it to..so far.....if you dont need it I will stick it on e-bay

you need to look for a little square port on your p.c that has 1394 marked thats your firewire port

selling it as soon as...I dont need it any more

I'v moved to serato on a rane ttm 57 sl mixer for my DVS software , & will not be using mixvibes anymore

the edirol is a good sound card for recording mix's to your P.c

but I now do all my mix recording to my roland mv 8000 samplers harddrive and then to c.d from the mv 8000 c.d recorder

you are the only one I have offered it to..so far.....if you dont need it I will stick it on e-bay

you need to look for a little square port on your p.c that has 1394 marked thats your firewire port

arrgghh....i would so jump at it....but i dont have firewire on my lappy...

is it usually MAC that has firewire?