wish i was there

dim

EZ all,

New member djim here from leeds uk. Lived in townsville for a year once, always said i wouldnt be a "to and from pom" but that was 16 years ago now.

Married, 2 kids, addicted to music, love djing. Seriously looking into coming back with the family as a pommy immigrant if it looks good for us so any advice welcomed.

I mainly teach inner city kids and young offenders dj skills now so they can get a skill even if they hate normal school. I've a good rep at it too (see bio and website).

I know I aint supposed to ask questions on this intro board but here goes:

How are you all? I never stopped missing you.

welcome :safe: bigg ups on helping out with the youngins, and bigg ups on cassette tape mixtapes (i did the same huey lewis, prince and the fat boys all on one cassette but that shit worked! i even had a dude pay me a few bucks to make a few for his party). so repping ya on day one.

maybe you can spread yer knowledge to the beginners here like maself.

ha ha, cheers all.

Brownsville was nice for a bit but when I arrived in sydney I had time to hitch up there so I saw lots of sites on the way. It took a month, nice and ez, and of course I got taken to nimbin by one of my rides.

Brisbane looked like a good combo of city problems and nice weather. The type of yard I could work in. Lots of folk this end say adelaide or melbourne though and i never went that direction.

Cairns was alrite but a bit touristy, I was never a backpacker, i like real people.

Also did some time in northern territories (borroloola) and in atherton tablelands rainforest. While i was there I was working as environmental research assistant so was often out bush.

It took me two months to find a place to live, some dex and to get my most necessary vinyl shipped from UK. I couldnt live without it. If only digital DJing had existed back then.

Rite, intros done, gonna browse.

BIG UP.

reckon i'm missin out on some lingo or somethin.

or maybe you lot have a whole heap of history between ya?

either way I dont follow a fair amount of ya posts.

re Gandy: sport in general isnt really my thing. I grew up in U.K. during the peak of hooliganism when music was shit and money was all that mattered.

I spent that time tripping and listening and ended up not really into competition, even turntablist battles bore the shit out of me if there's no humour involved. I prefer cooperation, it just makes better music.

Now if you'd asked if I like it when all the jocks are busy...

peace.

ha ha yeah just lingo.

parra is parramatta, a city in western sydney. i was bigging up my preferred league team paramatta eels.

westie is a derogatory/ joking term to residents of west sydney, an area that has several stigmas. criminals, drug users, drug dealers, poor etc.

Glory is an australian local soccer team.

ha ha yeah just lingo.

parra is parramatta, a city in western sydney. i was bigging up my preferred league team paramatta eels.

westie is a derogatory/ joking term to residents of west sydney, an area that has several stigmas. criminals, drug users, drug dealers, poor etc.

Glory is an australian local soccer team.

I'm on board. nice one eggssell.

p.s. "glory glory man united" is a chant preferred by rich people who support a team from uk, but who dont live in the city the team comes from because all the real locals support a team called man city. i guess you have similar nonsense tied up in sport over there?