Huge USB Sticks

Cupe

So I'm seeing these 32, 64 and even 128 gig USB sticks

Has anyone ever bought one of this size?

Are they good?

If they end up good I might sell a whole bunch through the ADJF website for good prices. Great idea to back up your music and gear on..

And if the 128 gig ones are good, that's a whole hell of a lot of space

yea thats all good and swell, but they're fucking expensive to just sit there in the cupboard.

im looking at how good these 128GB sticks are, cause im thinking of selling a few through the website.

good for backups! and small to store!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi gentlemen

I have a 32 gig memory stick on my key ring

Have had it for about 2 years I have about 5000 songs on it and all my personal files and its only a little over half full.

It works a treat especially when my laptop was corrupted by a virus recently and had to be wiped and repaired

Easy back up.

The cap has been lost about 20 times and is getting a bit loose. I had to supa glue the end attached to my keyring and the top as well

Been given a hammering as its always in my pocket

Love it, Its almost like Paul Hogan in Croc Dundee

When I bring it out and say "Thats not a memory stick (their 2Gig stick) This is a memory stick".

Fab DJ

Have back up everywhere 4 computers in 3 buildings Back up every month, so I feel OK.

Bought it at some bomb site industrial estate behind shit creek (Sunshine) from a computer warehouse that advertise in the Age green guide.

Wont buy any bigger as they fall apart after time and will destruct before you fill them up.

• 2 months later...

you can look at them being sold on ebay SSD

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-5-64GB-SILICON ... 53e27db6d4

the sizes vary to what you need

but if you drop a normal Hard drive - kiss it good bye

drop a SSD hard drive and keep playing

I have 4x so far 2x are used as the operating system (60GB SSD) to keep the systems from over heating and they come in SATA or USB

prices vary up to $800 + depends on the size

start at ebay as local stores will charge you a LOT more!

With memory sticks the clips tend to break off the connections to your key ring.

Drilled a hole in one and used it for ages with a key ring.

Tried again last night and totally rooted another one.

another 100 dollars down the drain.

Fab the new SSD ones, are also SATA as well, and USB (a) I think depends on the brand

but to use one in a laptop it still fits nice

the usb type above is like an external case type hard drive

best look at the ebay link at the one I bought for a client yesterday

eventually all laptops should have them...

eg: image shown

310039464_tp.jpg

i was shopping for usbs when i got my 400s and saw the massive ones but i stuck to the 4gigs as i remember reading somethin about fat32 only going to 4gigs and thats what u need for the 400s or something i dont know im not that great iwht that stuff.

hello dennis.

I pretty sure they won't but you said you can get

ssd's as internal and/or external would the externals run at same speed as internal which is at ram speed? What is USB 2.0 clocked at?

Mm can't wait for fibre and ssd's to be standard but there's always something new coming out ... :s

A 32-bit version of the File Allocation Table which first shipped with Windows95 SR2. FAT32 uses 32 bits to address each cluster and can support drives as big as two Terabytes. The older FAT used 16-bits to address each cluster and was limited to drive sizes of 512 Mb. Each cluster in a FAT32 system is only 4 Kb which also helps to save space on your hard drive.