your headphones of choice

gcdj

half the people here rock a&h xd53's thanks to cbg's spruiking.

cant say ive had a lot of experience with otyer pro gear but they go hard have good clarity, good noise cancellation and i think pretty good mid and high clarity. which is good when searching for snares in the mix.

im pretty sure someone said it lacks a low end, but you can hear kicks well enuff. maybe its just with the bass but i could never see it, or hear it to he exact.

nice mobility of cups and folds neatly.

bit expensive unless you get em on sale.

AKG K171

Haven't used them much yet, still pretty new, but they are comfortable and seem to have good isolation. Removable & replacable cable (either straight or curly) is really good - means I can have a spare in the bag, and the 6.5mm adapter screws on - so I don't lose it!

Seemingly nice flat response, but that's only from general observations rather than going out of my way to test and compare.

Old Pio sedj5000s. Almost 10 years old never had any reason to look at updating them. Fit well, sound good to me. Mo brittle parts like the newer pioneers.

christ man, r u serious?

i've had my beyer dynamic dt770 for reference monitoring for 6 years now but i've never had a set of dj cans last a year, never mind ten!!

i dont mix in the phones, i like to listen to the speakers same as the punters hear. I use phones to beatmatch/prelisten and then i'm pretty much listening to the speakers while checking in cans by squashing them up to my ear quickly with my shoulder...i know this breaks the internal cable hence why i buy cheap cans and consider them a business expense.

so it's: sennheiser hd 202/212 or akg k81, they pack flat, are loud enough to hear over a large P.A. and not too expensive.

Old Pio sedj5000s. Almost 10 years old never had any reason to look at updating them. Fit well, sound good to me. Mo brittle parts like the newer pioneers.

christ man, r u serious?

i've had my beyer dynamic dt770 for reference monitoring for 6 years now but i've never had a set of dj cans last a year

$70 bucks well spent. Actually got 2 since the price was good, so we'll be 8 more generations in the market before I go looking

Do a lot if full headphone monitoring, and with a young kid a decent amount if mixing just in the phones, bur dong use them for general listening

• 2 weeks later...

HDJ2000's, were interested in the 53's when they were on sale for $210 at DJwarehouse but they went back up.

Found the Pioneer's for $160 so logically went with that, they fit amazingly and the sound is quite exceptional. Recommended, maybe not at the $400RRP though :)

• 2 months later...