Good, Cheap Mixer?

legunner

I agree with ill

but while we're here: i know a secret about behringer and why some people get great use from budget gear while others get nothing but grief from them:

they spend nothing on quality control in the factory but they are 100% reliable on returns. The lack of QC is one of the many reasons why they can sell stuff so cheap, that and the fact they always copy and never innovate so spend very little on R and D.

If you buy a bit of behringer kit do the following:

test everything, and i mean everything, if you find a fault, believe it or not, you are in luck.... return it to store for a repair. If you have to make up a fault, well i didnt tell you to.

but at repair your unit will undergo the utmost quality control process that german efficiency can offer and you'll get returned a guaranteed working cheap and reliable unit.

The worst outcome from this process is if they find something they cant fix and they send you a new unit because then you are back at square 1 and have to "find" a fault again.

This will not affect the fact that their effects are crap, or that sound quality may not be the best. It will also mean you have to factor in the length of time it takes to go for repair and get returned to you.

But it does guarantee you a cheap fully working unit which does exactly what it says on the box.

I've heard of people doing this again near the end of the 12 month warranty. Kind of like a free service.

still if i were karma I would choose the highest audio quality mixer with the least fx etc on it. Not only are bells and whistles just more stuff to go wrong but as you're going digital in the end you'll be using software effects anyway right?

so numark m4 will be fine at under £100 in uk money.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Djim if you think buying a mixer new, then making up a problem with it, getting it sent away for ages to fix an imaginary problem, then getting the same mixer back in the same condition it was already in...is worth it...then why even buy the mixer in the 1st place?

Djim if you think buying a mixer new, then making up a problem with it, getting it sent away for ages to fix an imaginary problem, then getting the same mixer back in the same condition it was already in...is worth it...then why even buy the mixer in the 1st place?

i thought i'd explained that in the post?

but then again i suppose shippage would take A LOT longer for you boys down there, so maybe it's not the best idea.

works well here.

nah i had an m4 and the left channel started bleeding after about 6 months. What about the Xone 22?

mate 6 months is still within warranty.

it may take some time for the unit to get checked over but get it done, ask the shop for a loan unti while it's away.

exercise your rights under retail law.

but why? so it can be worth half in 6 months of what you paid? i just recon your better off with a second hand top of the line mixer then a brand new basic mixer...

new = warranty, dont you guys see how valuable that is with electronics products?

nah i sold the WHALE, i hated it anyway

ah well, cant fault that,

Having seen your budget now:

A&H generally rated as best sound quality, especially for their filters.

Pioneer obviously all bells and whistles but recognised as industry standard by many.

I use a pioneer djm 909 coz but personally think the FX are rubbish, filters sound tinny and digital like on the djm 600. Hope they've upped their game for the new gen.

If I had that money I would buy new, or shop soiled/open box/B-stock whatever they want to call it, as long as you get a 12 month warranty.

nah i sold the WHALE, i hated it anyway

hang on, sold it...?

as fully working or cheap because of the fault?

sorry but just realised I have to point out:

you either ripped some beginner off, or worse: ripped yourself off, you could have got it repaired in warranty and sold it as "just serviced" for more money after just a little wait.