Behringer speakers

djjon76

Hi all.

Ok, question for all you helpful people. I'm thinking of getting a couple of B215D's OR maybe the B212D's and an active sub?

I've got about $1K to spend (give or take).

What do people think, or should I look at another brand?

Cheers all

As Sol mentioned I'm running the audioline brand but I can honestly say I'd prefer behringer, I like the brand, they haven't done anything wrong for me yet (knock on wood)

if your looking for your middle range speakers, audioline, behringer, digitech etc, then behringer is probly the best for this price range, other then that you have high prices speakers like mackie n jbl etc, or cheap speakers like some no name brands of the net

Yeah I noticed that sale. PITA that I couldn't grab some then.

I looked at the Jaycar ones today and they look a bit, well, cheap (but I could be wrong). Im not sure if a brand called digitech really gives you much street cred.

Digitech make a wide range of audio stuff, speakers, amps, guitar FX pedals etc

I've owned 2 speakers and a guitar effects pedal from them and they both held up well, were still in perfect working order when I got rid of them, but I've checked those speakers out at jaycar and although thry aren't bad, they aren't cheap for the speaker they are

I have to Behringer B215As and I have to say they have kept up very well. Certainly looking to upgrade to something louder and better sounding (like JBL, QSC or EV). But if you are a beginner just starting out mobile Djing, then I would say they are a good buy - simply because I have done the same thing and had no issues with them.

Cheers Andy.

I'm probably looking for something reasonably good though as I've done this for awhile, but always had the Yamaha equipment, so I've never had to look elsewhere. Two S115vi speakers and an emx660 amp weren't lightweight, hence why I'm looking for something lighter and compact.

The other option is maybe a couple of powered 10-12" tops and a powered sub?

suggestions?

Jonno

what gigs are you doing? and yeh your looking at the right place if you want something light, Behriners Eurolive series are so damn light its crazy, like 15kg for a 15" powered speaker

if your doing weddings and stuff 10"ers and a sub would be fine, if your doing 18th's and party's etc then 2 15" and a sub would be ideal as younger people love bass, you could get away with 2 12" and a sub though

if it were me id go to 15's then the sub later, ive got 12's (not behringer) and although they fuckin pump and very basy when your 2 feet infront of them mixing in your bedroom....i doubt they would handle a crowd of 50+ as well

• 4 weeks later...