Just so I understand. (timecode)

SolDios

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use the X1 with Serato Scratch Live too.

You should sit down, work out a rough figure of money you wish to spend and then work from there. Dont think you need software straight up. Get yourself some decks and play with cds/vinyl for a while and get familar with everything. Than later down the track buy software.

Buying gear is easy. You just need a budget and rough idea on what you want. Who cares what people say if you use serato or cdjs etc. Its your money and your gear.

1.1k, I already have the traktor 2 + traktor scratch software, just need the hardware if I choose that path.

will probs get:

two Stanton t 62's $640

audio line pro 4ch mixer ($150, while I save for a decent pioneer mixer)

audio 4 dj

Traktor x1

Edit: another unfortunate reason im considering dvs is because unfortunately people judge a dj on what gear he has too, and they all seem to love spinny things.

p.s. im tagging along with a dj next weekend who has a dvs setup ;3

1.1k, I already have the traktor 2 + traktor scratch software, just need the hardware if I choose that path.

will probs get:

two Stanton t 62's $640

audio 4 dj

Traktor x1

Edit: another unfortunate reason im considering dvs is because unfortunately people judge a dj on what gear he has too, and they all seem to love spinny things.

you really need to try vinyl before purchasing tts sol, they're a lot different to your mdex

will probs get:

two Stanton t 62's $640

audio 4 dj

Traktor x1

you really need to try vinyl before purchasing tts sol, they're a lot different to your mdex

this is right, you might hate them then you've wasted all this money

In all the 1 million threads you have started about what gear you want I have told you not to worry about what people think.

You are 16 mate, no one expects you to rock up to a house party and put on a show like Deadmau5. No matter where you go there will always be someone who doesnt agrew with you. Weather its;

Traktor v Serato

Pioneer v Denon

Vinyl v Cd

Holden v Ford

V8 v Turbo

I could go on for days. Dont let other people influence you too much mate, go with what makes you happy and what keeps your wallet happy.

cant wait to see what setup you will be asking about next, where no matter how many pages of advice we give you, you still dont listen then end up getting something completly random, i think the only thngs left are cdjs though, any takers?

cant wait to see what setup you will be asking about next, where no matter how many pages of advice we give you, you still dont listen then end up getting something completly random, i think the only thngs left are cdjs though, any takers?

nothing like being informed...

anyway, my honest opinion is that I think you should buy CDJ400's and a 2 chanel mixer (prob a djm400) and here is why:

1 -2nd hand, they should fit your budget

2- you can mix cd's and learn "the art" of beatmatching

3 - you can use them as controllers for traktor

4 - this setup is easily portable, and road cases are easily available

5 - you can integrate them with a DVS system down the track

6 - they have an inbuilt sound card so you can use one as a sound card for itunes when you're lazy or having a break.

7 - they are similar to cdj1000s etc and you will feel confident in a club, if you choose to get gigs when you're older

8 - they are still professional bits of equipment, and don't the same stigma as a controller

9 - If you get sick of them, and find they aren't for you then you won't lose much money (if any) if you sell them

10 - I can't think of a 10th reason

anyway, thats my opinion.... at the end of the day, it's your money

anyway, my honest opinion is that I think you should buy CDJ400's and a 2 chanel mixer (prob a djm400) and here is why:

6 - they have an inbuilt sound card so you can use one as a sound card for itunes when you're lazy or having a break.

7 - they are similar to cdj1000s etc and you will feel confident in a club, if you choose to get gigs when you're older

8 - they are still professional bits of equipment, and don't the same stigma as a controller

9 - If you get sick of them, and find they aren't for you then you won't lose much money (if any) if you sell them

sounds good! thanks lloydc (p.s. Ive finally got the hang of beat-matching, just got to get quicker at it)

sounds good! thanks lloydc (p.s. Ive finally got the hang of beat-matching, just got to get quicker at it) but i think im going to buy a charter boat

sounds good! thanks lloydc (p.s. Ive finally got the hang of beat-matching, just got to get quicker at it) but i think im going to PIRATE a charter boat

http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf