Just so I understand. (timecode)

SolDios

Thanks jas I really appreciate the time you go to, to explain these things to me.

but its a little bit of a money question mostly, pretty much its $1100 for the cdj's and then another 800 to 1000 for the mixer. So all up its alot of money, not to mention If I wanted to intergrate it with software, it will cost me again for the scratch live.

Another reason is the all in one (although it does have its flaws) the "Ease of set-up" factor is alot better.

Also there's the possibility that I can take this as carry on luggage if I do decide to re open that door I closed before

P.s. il be using the $1000 in awards I get + some of my own money to buy this all.

check this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-X-PIONEER- ... 670wt_1139

they can be used to control traktor, just like a midi controller... so you kinda don't need the DVS setup until you start using other setups in clubs.

also, buying something that qualifies as carry on baggage wouldn't even be on the check list for me.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that's good because then you can transition onto cdj's easily and use it as a dvs for mobile gigs controlling traktor.

edit: although you really need to evaluate your goals. If you are forever going to be a mobile dj then get the controller.

If you want to be a club/mobile dj then get cdj's.

Wow, I dident even realise that HID mode even existed! haha

now ive seen that, it is a deffs posibility.

Btw, if I where to play at my local club, id have to bring my own gear, mostly because the dj booth is in its own corner and not anywhere near the center stage.

its a pretty good club, but there arangement of things is shocking

no, you dont bring your own gear to the clubs lol, they have they're own which is usually 2000's or 900's if there pov whales

the only thing you need to take in is either your laptop if all your music library in on that, usb stick, or cd wallet

more effects, ability to use 4 decks, all in one. But the main thing is that all my music is one place, personally I find usb's a pain in the ass.

fk off if u can barly beatmatch, how u gonna keep 4 decks in time?????

if you go down dvs route, save your money for somthing a lil better than t.62's (more torque etc) perhaps st150/ str8150's (2nd hand?)

serato/ traktor its up to you?? (personally i use serato and i can't complain)

as for the mixer get a numark m4 (will be alot better than that pos audiline brand and for about the same price)

but yeh if i was in your shoes, just bite the bullet and buy cdj's

learn to beatmatch, dont be scared.

keep your plastic controller for partys n whatnot until you can use cdj's.

but yeh in the longrun, the ability to use cdj's is going to help you alot.

(sorry for comign off a lil harsh, but u must have posted 1000000000 of these threads by now?)

^ haha yeh.

I can beatmatch btw, just need to be faster at it.

and gandy, the clubs gear is pretty b grade, and the booth is pitiful, Il deffs need to set up on the main stage. Also there's a whole heap of tables in front of the booth

you're calling their gear "b grade", what setup do they have? Remember, your gear isnt exactly amazing

you're not going to be able to go in and start barking orders and setup where you want to, who the fuck do you think you are lol

^ I was never intending to rock up with the mdex. Im over this thread now :/

but yeh, just to clarafy, sorry jaz, I had no idea about the HID mode and was wondering how two 400's + an audio 4 was going to be cheaper. Thanks for the advice man, and it is deffs a possibility

just going to wait till this "sit in" before I choose.

but yeh, just to clarafy, sorry jaz, I had no idea about the HID mode and was wondering how two 400's + an audio 4 was going to be cheaper. Thanks for the advice man, and it is deffs a possibility

Btw, if I where to play at my local club, id have to bring my own gear, mostly because the dj booth is in its own corner and not anywhere near the center stage.

boxingpwn.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hahaah bro, i do feel mean but deadset, you do heads in, you dotn need a 4channel mixer/dvs setup/whatever you were banging on about, just a basic cdj setup will suit ya fine until you save some cash and upgrade or just keep the same setup, nobody will give a fuck wot gear you have aslong as 9and ive said this before) the girls go and shake their asses and get hit on by me

^ sounds good, thanks for the straight answer

You have been given that answer 40 fucking times before!!!!!!! :wall:

^i

i've stopped watching this thread, please dont start another, please read all the answers you've already got, please test stuff in the shops, please stop listening to what other people think, please do what you want.