Beats by dr.dre Over-ear headphones for DJing?

Jarrah

• 4 weeks later...

XD53 has a 53mm driver which is the biggest headphone driver available at the moment and delivers higher and lower frequence's then the HD25 and the most un-enhanced bass, the HD25's have a 40mm driver i believe and while im sure they can produce good sound, its not as vast as the 53's

done a shit load of research comparing the 2 before i got my 53's

Was having a read through som eolder posts and found this topic pretty interesting. Especially your point over what swayed towards the XD53's.

Frequency response levels:-

HD25II - 16 Hz - 22,000 Hz

XD53 - 5 Hz - 33,000 Hz

Human ear - 20 Hz - 20,000 Hz

Although the XD53's have a broader frequency response your never going to be able to hear anything in the extra frequencies you've gained over the HD25's.

Are the XD53's fully replaceabe? If you break a bit of them can you replace it or is that the headphone done?

I use HD25's as every piece of them is replacable is if breaks so 1 pair of hedphones will last you pretty much forever. Aside from them being comfortable, lightweight and sounding good.

EDIT: just checked the weight difference and HD25's are 140g compared to XD53's 320g. More than double the weight. When your playing for hours it could makea difference.