I posted this on whirlpool

SolDios

screen size isnt as important as screen size on a pc as macs have the backlit shizzle going on.

i ended up with just a 13" screen and it's fine in even the most mad lightshows at gigs. I do use all screen options to reduce shown info to mainly just browser though. I dont know how it would be if you like all that waveform and other info that DVS can show you.

mine is mounted on a very simple stand just below eyelevel but right in front of me above the decks.

wtf how do you get these education rebates? I'm at uni too.

Not sure what the go is with uni, but at high school you can claim up to $x amount per year on school expenses (e.g. books etc.) and laptop is classed as a school expense. You can claim up to half the price of the laptop i believe.

If uni students aren't eligible for that, you can still use apple's discount educational pricing, they give you a nice discount off alot of their range if your enrolled at an eligible uni.

Check with your accountant on what you can claim back. If you don't have an accountant, get one :D