Feeling static from mixer - Djm 600 and 400

anditz

eggssell, you can't take the power cord out the back of the djms, so you can't replace it

the cord on djm 400s and 800s are replaceable {and can be removed/just like a cdj}. but my djm was also built for australian standards, so i don't know if thats it. its all just a bit weird that this has happened with all my mixers to date

maybe its the powerpoint/powerboard thats faulty? cause if its happened with all your mixers then it would have to do with something other than the plugtops or something faulty cause the chances of all 3 having the same problem is fairly low. so maybe try changing the powerboard that you are using

yeah i think you might have a point styga. thing is though its happened at 3 different locations, just why i was asking if its happened to anyone else. you can only feel it if you A: get zapped or B: run your knuckle over the top (you'll feel it vibrate). its possible people just haven't experienced it by chance

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem on a DJM-600 when running active audioline speakers. The Pioneer mixers have an unusual XLR connection at the rear which also means the speakers arent balanced properly. Have a look at the back of the mixer, it tells you which pin in the XLR is hot, cold and ground. I think from memory 1 was ground where normally 1 is hot.

I made up my own XLR connection to balance the speakers and we also have had it shock us anymore. So I assume that was the fault. We also changed all the other leads at the same time so could have been something there too.