Custom Computer

ChevChelios

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but you better do some more research on how many programs actually use 6GB of ram = NONE

:? Where did that come from? I said I was getting 6 at the start but I clearly changed my mind seeing as I have already built and not planning on upgrading it.

I hae a question for you since you seem to be the expert in this feild. I plan on buying a whoole bunch of hardware synths, compressors and other items of that nature when I finish school and start working more. If I have a whole bunch of harware going into my pc will that eat up a lot of RAM?

but that wont matter as on the market world wide there isnt anything that will gobble up over 4GB of ram no matter what you put in the system

Depends on how many RAM slots you have.

2*2GB means you have 2, 2GB Ram cards (and thus they only take up two slots)

4*1GB means you have 4, 1GB Ram cards (and thus they take up four slots)

Most Motherboards these days come with 4 Ram slots, so the 4*1 would use up all your RAM slots, but is cheaper then the 2*2.

Also i hope you have a 64Bit operating system, otherwise you don't even need to think about getting more RAM as it will be useless. (well anything over 4Gb INCLUDING Video Ram).

And why would you need 6Gb or 8Gb of RAM! 4 is really MORE then enough for most people.

also First thing's first, are you running a 64 bit or a 32 bit O.S., if your running 32bit don't even bother it will inly see 2.4 gigs anyway

but hey is there anything that will run more than the ram you have ? = not really

it may use a fair amount but did you see how big swap files get ?

i'll let you find out what your computer can really handle, thats what its all about trial and error these days

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would recommend buying the Tripple Channel DDR3 RAM kit simply for the performance increase. These i7 CPU's are made to run in tripple channel memory configurations for best performance and with only two memory sticks you certainly are getting the most out of it. The increase in performance you will get will defonatly be worth the cost especially with the 64bit OS.