Traktor - The way forward?

wezg

ummm. again not sure what you mean by map without usb? what cd player did you end up getting in the end? can they send midi info? if not and all your doing is 2 cd decks into mixer and mixer into audio 8, you will have no choice but to touch the laptop.

get an lpd8, i think they are getting cheaper. you can load music at the touch of the button, and will also allow looping and hot cueing using buttons.

i got the MPD24 which is way more then i actually needed since other than the beat masher i do all effects from the external mixer. hopefully ill use it in production (ha ha one day!!)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesnt work.. on my cd deck. i pressed loop in. few seconds later loop out i turn platter all it does is slow down the track within the loop i created.

EDIT - is there any hardcore manual some where that tells me what everything does for the traktor screen? and if any of you can answer these questions or tell me what they do that would be good :) thanks

56672029.jpg

the middle part what do each of them do?

and why do i have so few effects? or is that all of them? k thanks :D

I dont know much about the reloop cd players

dose your c.d players have loop trim..????

I have tested the loop-roll with cdj 1000 & cdj 800

& my old denon 3000 & 5000 and it worked good

if no loop trim you might have to use one off the traktor EFX's to do loop-rolls

hey buck. the full traktor manual i.e the pdf one not the one in the box explains all that. and yes those are the only effects (thats heaps what do you mean by not much??), and the manual pretty much explains dryly what each one does, its your imagination that determines how to use it (or youtube videos, as i said go djtechtools im ean has heaps of vids).

also traktor bible is apparentally good, buy it and tell me how it is.

using it internally though will be heaps diff then using it externally, which should basically be the same as using it without traktor (give or take the 5ms delay which may or may not be humanly noticeable).

a mate of mine who's been djing for a bit was quite impressed with it when he saw mine. he was strictly turntables and vinyl kinda thinking the whole traktor thing was just a novel toy.

but when he realised that using scratch pro that it was basically the same as using the tt's just with the ability to access your digital music files (of which like me he had already amassed hard drives full of) he was sold on the idea.

and conversely, when i swung by his place and hopped on his tt's using vinyl i was no better or worse having wholly learned using tt's and traktor alone.

and all of that was just using it in absolute mode. looking at all the clips theres plenty more you can do with it should you wish. the only thing i can't guarantee is playing out with it. anybody on here do it? people on the NI site are divided (those that swear by it and those that would never risk it)

EDIT: as you can tell all of these comments are based on tt's, havent used cd's

i'd go traktor for cd's or TT's its the best of both worlds. reasonably cheaper to if you order from america.

edit : + audio 8 you can have 4 timecoded @ same time . i think some one here told me for SL3 it was only 2. or 3. not quite sure someone please correct.

sl1 is 2 decks...

sl3 is 3 decks...

only the new rane mixer will do 4 decks time code vinly