Back from the Dead

davidjones

Hi !

I Was based in Melbourne and played at what I felt were some of the best clubs in town. (Honkey tonks, Lounge, Revolver Upstairs, one six one, E:55, Laundry, Bimbo Deluxe and more)

I am now (ten years later) Based in Wagga Wagga NSW. Local Bars and Clubs are so far showing very little interest in what I have to offer.

For a period of three years I had not touched the decks due to homelessness, but since july 2010 iam am finally re united with my decks and vinyl. I have over 1500 LP's and I am in no hurry to switch to CD or MP3 or attempt producing my own tunes. I love what other people put out and I simply want to play it out. I have borrowed a friends DJM 300 and with ths, my technics turntables, a Roland R05 and a constant stream of vinyl ordered though Juno I feel like I could really make some damage

my exposure to the true electroic music scene as I remember it is limited due to my location. I hope that this forum might clue me in to what genre I am currently interested in.

I am at this stage calling it electro clash/slash tech house with spatterings of dirty bass. I shall post my mixes up and hope that I may get some feedback.

any hoo, I just hope that I can generate and be a part of some interesting discussions on this forum.

I'll put a post up called David Jones with a mix on it

Oh yeah one thing i would really like to know: what alternatives are there to Juno For Vinyl ?

(Honkey tonks, Lounge, Revolver Upstairs, one six one, E:55, Laundry, Bimbo Deluxe and more)

For those of you that aren't familiar with Melbourne's night life, they are some seriously prestigious clubs right there.

Welcome to the forums buddy, good to have another (ex)Melbournite around.

Hopefully you stick around and can provide some knoweledge to the younger folk.