How to Entertain the Crowd

hoddi

So I have my first gig coming up and probably mainly doing intro/outro mixing, I was wondering what tips everyone has to make it look like you're doing something all the to time entertain the crowd and to make it look like what you are doing is involved and that you you are doing a lot. Cheers :)

here

i give you this because its sometimes more how you react to what your actually doing. Girl Talk just presses play, but the reason everyone goes off chops is because he does :thumright:

no one can tell the diff what your doing if you make it look good

fiddle/make minor adjustments with EQ knobs > look for that perfect next tune to cue > hands in the air for the build > fist pump/dance after the drop > repeat

remember that you are the driving force of the entertainment and the energy... if you're not going off to every song, then there neither will anyone else.

actually its tribal kinda themed so I'm going as a belly dancer in one of those bra things if that helps ... haha

:pics:

choked on breakfast LOL

yes there will be pics, ill end up making a gig log so just be patient till end of this month :)

and thanks everyone for replies

when there is a breakdown of some funky drum beats.

say "everybody say hoo"..."say hooo hooo"

"now somebody...anybody...everybody scream" :yahoo:

then cut to a banger \:D/

I can imagine the tubleweed and crickets now.

awesome if it works, fucking awkward if it fails

when there is a breakdown of some funky drum beats.

say "everybody say hoo"..."say hooo hooo"

"now somebody...anybody...everybody scream" :yahoo:

then cut to a banger \:D/

I can imagine the tubleweed and crickets now.

awesome if it works, fucking awkward if it fails

hahaha mann you must go to some boring parties :teef:

if that fails maybe "the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire....." then point mic to crowd

yea what everyone was saying before, you gotta have high energy

last few house parties i did (were for mates) i was goin ape shit behind the decks (was also pretty plastered), pretty much dancing as hard as they were.. or sometimes i would make the transition, run into the crowd, dance with my mates and then run back and make the next transition.. they all seemed to love that

crowd interaction is big, after the gigs i had people coming up to me and were like 'you did an awesome job, you really seem to get into it and enjoy it ey'

if your not comfortable with that though, maintain some eye contact with the crowd, dont be that DJ that stares at the mixer all night and segregates themselves from the rest of the party

i look forward to hearing how this party goes, sounds like itll be sweet