Behringer Truth 2030a Active 2-Way Reference Studio Monitor

dflux4

Hi everyone,

I have bought these 2nd hand for $250 about 2 months ago and have been thrilled with their overall performance.After having a pair of Reloop ADM-5's and then transferring over to these the difference in sound quality was quite noticeable.

First thing you will notice of with these speakers is the weight, at 10kgs each they definitely feel like they mean business. With XLR – TRS audio inputs they are ready to rock-n-roll with the top of the range mixers, or if need be run along to Jay car and pick up some XLR/TRS 2 RCA converters.

As it goes for sounds reproduction I can only go on what I have heard from these monitors, and to me they sound awesome. The highs/mids sound nice and crisp although I think at sometimes the lower frequencies may get missed/ cut out but with an additional active sub I think this issue would disappear. These are able to be tuned to your surroundings to make sure you get the most out of them i.e. if they are close to a wall, in a corner or free standing.

Looks wise they have a great finish on them and aren’t the ugliest pair I have seen. They have covers over the tweeters to prevent damage and have lights to show you when they are turned on (green) and if they are being pushed to their limit (red) before you end up damaging them.

With my current set up these speakers are perfect, I live in an apartment and I even think that sometimes they are a little too loud... With a SPL of 113db within 1m I can hear them down three flights of stairs across the road with all doors/windows shut :D

So for those of you who are umming and arghing about monitors, if these or the larger 8 inch 2031a come up in a sale/advertisment do yourself a favour and bite the bullet. When you finally get these home and set up you will see why.

Information direct from Behringer:

High-Resolution, Active 2-Way Reference Studio Monitor

Ultra-linear frequency response from 50 Hz to 21 kHz with individual frequency diagrams

Built-in 125-Watt Bi-amp module with enormous power reserve

Ultra high-resolution ferrofluid-cooled tweeter

Long-throw 6 ¾" woofer with special polypropylene diaphragm and deformation-resistant aluminum die-cast chassis

Controlled dispersion characteristics and extremely large "sweet spot" owing to the unique BEHRINGER wave guide technology

Active crossover network with 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filters

Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions and subwoofer operation

Separately controlled limiter for low and high frequency overload protection

Magnetic shielding allows placement near computer monitors

Servo-balanced inputs with XLR and ¼" TRS connectors

High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life

B2030A_P0135_Reflective_web.png

More information can be found on their site through this link: http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B2030A.aspx

Lastly if you have any questions pleas let me know, I will be happy to answer.

• 1 year later...