The be all and end all to dj headphones.

anditz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No seriously, everyone does it. Thinks "oh I need a new pair of headphones, I've heard of those Sennheisers but I'll do some research anyway"

I thought I'd write this thread (which should be made sticky) to tell these people not to bother wasting time. Your thought process will most likely follow the following steps.

1. Look at cheaper headphones. Brands like AKG and SONY

2. Discover this isn't exactly what your looking for (sound quality, isolation, build quality)

3. You amp up the budget to around $130-$170

4. You think about getting HD25-SP's for about a day (Make sure you proceed to step 5!)

5. You realise that for an extra 50 bucks or so you can just get the real deal and be happy/carefree.

So if this is you, I can assure you that it is a completely safe option to go with the HD25-II's from the outset. They will last you a very long time, and most likely pay themselves off!

Step 6. you Discover XD53's that have a larger driver, wider freq range, and are full ear cups

discover you neck hurts after a wearing them a while cos they're so heavy.... realise the extra frequency range is stuff you can't hear anyway so makes no difference and realise the HD25's block out everything without covering your entire outer ear. ;)

Step 6. you Discover XD53's that have a larger driver, wider freq range, and are full ear cups

discover you neck hurts after a wearing them a while cos they're so heavy.... realise the extra frequency range is stuff you can't hear anyway so makes no difference and realise the HD25's block out everything without covering your entire outer ear. ;)

Smart man

you have got to be kidding me...

This is the XD's stats

Type Circumaural, Closed-Back, Dynamic

Frequency Range 5Hz - 33kHz

Impedance 36 Ohms

Sensitivity 105dB

Maximum Input Power 3500mW

Connectors Stereo 3.5mm Mini Plug with 1/4" Adapter

Cable Length 3.9' (1.2m) (Coiled)

Weight 11.3 oz (320g)

thats right, 320 grams and your complaining hahahahahaha

having an oily hair day probly weighs more dude :P

Either way, just don't waste your time considering anything else. HD25s have stood the test of time, and can double as a street headphone. The bigger driver doesn't mean much, HD25s are very punchy and don't lose quality as you turn up the volume anyway. I personally don't like wearing big bulky headphones. But that's just personal preference I guess. I tested both and chose the HD's.

HD25's

Ear coupling supraaural

Transducer principle dynamic, closed

Nominal impedance 70 Ω

Frequency response (headphones) 16 - 22000 Hz (already covers more than what's audible to the human ear)

Max. Sound pressure level (aktiv) 120 dB SPL

Load rating 200 mW

THD, total harmonic distortion < 0,3 % (Can't grumble with that quality)

Contact pressure ca. 2.5 N

Jack plug 3,5/6,3 mm stereo

Cable length 1,5 m

Weight w/o cable ca. 140 g (no sore neck here)

:thumright:

haha for me it's not even really about the weight its more about the aesthetics of a smaller can.

just get hd25's people! you can find really good deals on them for brandnew if you look hard enough too! i know i will have lots of love for mine for a very long time from now. i doubt i will ever need another pair, theyre that part of you're dj kit that really become your babies. you take them to all your gigs and they serve you well without skipping a beat (unless you don't beat match [-X )

so yeah, i'd say it's the one piece of gear you shouldn't cheap out on unless you just dj at home where the sound levels aren't so loud, even still hd's would be a fine choice.

i'm sure those who have xd53's will stand by them to the death and i understand that i guess but at the end of the day a good 80% of full time djs own a pair of hd25s (or want to) for a reason

Can assure you they are not, after one gig i left them in my backpack on my floor, somehow i forgot and thanks to a messy room the bag was under some clothes and i was essentially walking on my sennies everyday, didnt break at all they were fine, easily the best dj cans out