The be all and end all to dj headphones.

anditz

Can assure you they are not, after one gig i left them in my backpack on my floor, somehow i forgot and thanks to a messy room the bag was under some clothes and i was essentially walking on my sennies everyday, didnt break at all they were fine, easily the best dj cans out

Here here, definitely 1 of the best there is :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD-25s felt way too flimsy for me and I prefer the full ear covering

seriously this thread is designed to help those who are in the market for headphones and this post is completely false. if anyone was to not buy a pair of hd's based on this it would be a travesty to society.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hd25 arnt as strong as you might think, they have replaceable parts which is a nice bonus but you need them. most djs i know who have them do love them but have broken parts a fair bit. jmo the highs and mid are nice but its not a true sound, speakers do have bass and a boldness that the hd25 just seem to lack.. i have just ordered the xd2-53 so cannot have a true opinion yet but i have audio technica pro 700 atm and i like them buut they are just a little bit weak in construction. anyone tried the v modas? dual diaphram speakers and a kevlar cable.. look bullet proof. :D sorry if thats a little off topic.

Ybot

yes, i had hd-25's and i really liked them, but i kinda felt that I spent too much time about thinking about being careful with them, i didnt have this problem with the xd-53' but that is just me..i guess the extra weight made them feel more sturdy. whether or not they are much different im not sure.

i kinda felt that I spent too much time about thinking about being careful with them

What do you do exactly that is dangerous to headphones that you had to think about being careful? When I have mine they are pretty much on my head or round my neck most of the time. Can't say I've ever thought about being careful with them.

just always feel like it i knock them off of table or something they will break

that wouldn't happen. They are a lot more durable than your giving them credit for.

that was just my thoughts anyway. no proof or anything behind it

I've used both the XD and the Sennheiser's heavily... have to go the XD's mainly because I've had the same pair for years and believe me they've copped some shit and they get blasted hard every gig because the club i play in is one of the loudest in melb.

The HDs are fuckin wicked though.

They feel flimsy because they are so light, i am absolutely terrible with headphones and my first and only pair of 25s are still 100% after countless hours of drunken abuse.

As always xds slightly clearer and more natural sounding which is better for home/mobile djing.

You really need the punchy bass and isolation of the 25s in clubs thought.

Rock what suits you. There is no one of anything that suits anyone

/debate

for now

nek minute new thread, same debate

nah nek nek nek nek nek minute same debate

first we will need one on sync;

then serato vs traktor;

then apple vs pc;

then cd vs vinyl;

then sega vs nintendo;

and then hd25 vs everything else again

:teef:

Cd > vinyl

pfffft. and from someone who knocks controller dj's. you trying to break the chain of command! get back in line mate.

: teef : disclaimer: no i dont really believe people who use turnies are better than people who use cdj's but i also dont believe people who use cdj's should speak down on people who use controllers

Cd > vinyl

pfffft. and from someone who knocks controller dj's. you trying to break the chain of command! get back in line mate.

: teef : disclaimer: no i dont really believe people who use turnies are better than people who use cdj's but i also dont believe people who use cdj's should speak down on people who use controllers

fuck you and your small writing.