smokin joe never held the world record

lloydc

Below is quoted from his facebook.... expect another attempt in december he says :)

Smokin Joe Mekhael

It has just come to my attention that Rene Brunner set a new Guinness world record of 150 hours in October last year and that the Guinness website wasn't updated until early this year, well after I completed my marathon set. While I thought that I had set a new world record of 132 hours in December, the time to beat was in fact 150 hours.

What this means is that I have no right to call myself The Guinness World Record Holder or The Marathon DJ Champion of the World. I have put the belt away and I'm going to remove it from all of my promotional material. I'd like to congratulate Rene Brunner for breaking the record and with DJ Hertz the best of luck with his attempt. I'd also like to apologise to everyone for claiming to be something that I'm not. Although I acted in good faith and I honestly thought that I had broken the record, I never did.

I must say that I was very shocked and disappointed when I read this. It felt like those five and a half days of dedication were for nothing and I felt like a fraud for calling myself the champ for the past four months. The moment when I thought that I had broken the record was the happiest moment of my life, and now it feels like none of it was real. But then I realised how it brought people from the scene together, how it sent out vibrations of peace and love all over the world and how it really tested my mental strength. Last year, I went well beyond what I thought the record was but when it comes to the crunch, I failed. This failure has only strengthened my resolve and later this year, I guarantee that I will set a new Guinness world record for the longest DJ set in history with your help.

Every great work, every big accomplishment, has been brought into manifestation through holding to the vision, and often just before the big achievement, comes apparent failure and discouragement.

#MAKEYOURDREAMSREALITY!

#WOOOOOOO!

He can come across as a douche and a wanker but he's actually an awesome guy who just loves the entertaining side of things.

Feel really sorry for him such a genuine guy, very poor on guinness' side come on your the world record organisation and you cant even update records online what a joke.

The hertz gronk will fail and joe will have it back in no time!

he's doing it again in december... lets get the sydney ADJF squad down there again for when he breaks the record :)

ROUND 2!

yep, and if he starts at the same time it won't be on a wednesday night either (hopefully) and we can all stay a little longer (take friday off :P )