Commercial Battle

OK, sorry Ive been absent on this one. Entry is closed, will listen to them today and decide a winner (seeing as I didnt enter I think im still impartial enough to do the job) although if someone has a problem with that Im sure I can find someone else willing to help. Lurk6r if you still want to post a mix that would be awesome and I will try to feedback it like the rest but you cannot win and be crowned 'king of commercial'. I myself will also still endeavour to post a mix for this somewhere even though i cant win battle (tracks are organised on computer just have to stand there and put it all together).

So to surmise.

Thanks to those who have entered

Sorry for being absent

Winner to be announced tonight

Hobberz v melody. Who will it be

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well both really solid mixing. I actually like melodies track selection as individuals but as a whole i think it let you down bro. I just felt at stages it was a little disjointed. Like the mids would fallout of a track soon after vocals came in as you realised the other track hadnt quite got to the outro yet. I think its good you realised when the tracks wernt quite at the rights spot to drop, but an effect to phase out the last track alittle sooner might help that? I felt there was a couple of spot eq problems but that happens with everyone.

Hobberz your mixing was just alittle more solid. Guess thats the practice and experience at worth there. While the tracks were necessarily as 'commercial' as melodies might have been I feel the overall selection was better. in terms of creating on free flow sound. i think if you had cut it at around 15.30 you wouldnt have been at a huge loss the mixing early on was good enough to show the skill. Laughed alittle with the call me maybe transition but was pulled together reasonably well (sorta). props for using call on me after call me maybe, nice touch.

I will give bonus points to melody for video recording. I think a video embodies the theme of the battle; commercial is about making the $$$. to make the $$$ you need to get your face, your presense out there. This is often well achieved with a video :) (my two cents worth anyway)

I know i probably missed things, but u know. Others are free to interject if I am totally wrong here. But will be awarding 'King of the Cheese :teef: ' to Hobberz. Because it was just smoother while still having that commercial element.

Congrats

Well both really solid mixing. I actually like melodies track selection as individuals but as a whole i think it let you down bro. I just felt at stages it was a little disjointed. Like the mids would fallout of a track soon after vocals came in as you realised the other track hadnt quite got to the outro yet. I think its good you realised when the tracks wernt quite at the rights spot to drop, but an effect to phase out the last track alittle sooner might help that? I felt there was a couple of spot eq problems but that happens with everyone.

Hobberz your mixing was just alittle more solid. Guess thats the practice and experience at worth there. While the tracks were necessarily as 'commercial' as melodies might have been I feel the overall selection was better. in terms of creating on free flow sound. i think if you had cut it at around 15.30 you wouldnt have been at a huge loss the mixing early on was good enough to show the skill. Laughed alittle with the call me maybe transition but was pulled together reasonably well (sorta). props for using call on me after call me maybe, nice touch.

I will give bonus points to melody for video recording. I think a video embodies the theme of the battle; commercial is about making the $$$. to make the $$$ you need to get your face, your presense out there. This is often well achieved with a video :) (my two cents worth anyway)

I know i probably missed things, but u know. Others are free to interject if I am totally wrong here. But will be awarding 'King of the Cheese :teef: ' to Hobberz. Because it was just smoother while still having that commercial element.

Congrats

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...