sell your mixes on beatport?

eggssell

there's so much content on beatport if you cant find shit that no one else is playing your doing it wrong. the art of digging is one that should be practiced by any dj. Not a crack at you russell as i hear this a lot from other dj's.

do you think the majority of people who use beatport dig through smaller labels and back catalogues of now defunct labels? Or do you think he majority of people listen to top 10/top 100's and buy from them?

What you're implying is 100% correct most people look at the top 10 otherwise there wouldnt be a top 10 on the page

ummm but no different then when people were buying in record shops.

some digg some go charts. being on beatport doesnt change the habits.

im a digger but thats how i am. Take one lead and follow it till its dead. Then move onto the next one.

but yeh theres definately lots of good shit on beatport. i go on juno cuz im a cheap ass, plus you can get a lot of US releaeses that are region locked on beatport.

No, no different at all. It's the number of people who are buying tracks now though. There's waaay more 'DJs' these days than there was when vinyl was the only medium. And in turn there's waaay more tracks being released because it's a lot easier to produce and release digital music than it was to get a track signed and pressed to vinyl. there's no more having to pay to get the use of a studio to make your tracks. Anyone can make music in their bedroom. That's not a bad thing. I'm just saying there is a greater volume of pish music being put out due to the ease of it these days.

And most people don't want to spend hour going through all the shit music to find the good. That's my point......

yeah that's a really good point, a dig through a record store used take a half a day / day depending on size / if you've been there before. I really like the fact that every one can start making music for little or no cost, it really pushes the scene.

i think they only way beatport will see mixes sold for a few years is from the big name dj's. but then the probably wont bother for 10% of 5 bucks.

i think they only way beatport will see mixes sold for a few years is from the big name dj's. but then the probably wont bother for 10% of 5 bucks.

exactly. There's no money in producing so they'll be even less in releasing mixes these days I'd imagine.