Hi all... I'm hoping to get some assistance with my next controller purchase.
I'm only looking at Pioneer controllers at this stage.
I currently use VDJ software and use my controller and laptop together.
Pioneer seem to be heavily pushing people to their Rekordbox DJ software via their controllers.
At this stage I seem to have 3 options:
1. get the Pioneer DDJ-SZ and continue using VDJ software; or
2. get the Pioneer DDJ-RZ and move to Rekordbox DJ; or
3. get the Pioneer XDJ-RX, move to Rekordbox, but not have to have my laptop with me when playing out.
I've got the following questions...
1. If I move to Rekordbox DJ, do I have to prepare (beatgrid, add hot cues etc.) all my tracks again, or will this info carry across from VDJ?
2. How have people found the screen on the XDJ-RX? If I end up using this controller with a laptop anyway, I would prefer to have the DDJ-RZ or DDJ-SZ given they're 4 channel etc. etc.
Thanks in advance for any feedback based on your experience with these controllers and/or software.