ENCLAVE - Ironyism [IF?]

Andrez

ENCLAVE "Ironyism"

[iF? Records IF043]

Here's the debut release from Melbourne's Paul Derons, and the latest addition to the IF? roster.

A196_ironyism%20ep%20cover.jpg

Enclave is the latest artist to join IF?, harking from the label's hometown and old stomping ground - and marks a welcome return to the "acid" tech sounds that hallmarked IF? when it first kicked off in 1995, produced by a guy who purchased his first TR-505 in 1991 - but all taken from the rather beneficial hindsight of a contemporary perspective, o' course!

:wink:

Ironyism is available online today as a 5-track digital download, exclusively through Addictech here:

http://ifrecords.addictech.com/

TRACK-LISTING/MUZIKAL ANALYSIS BY ENCLAVE

1 Resynd (Sinhouse Edit) (8:18)

"A tough, rolling techno track - largely produced on a RS7000 groovebox."

2 Ironyism (5:49)

"Deep, dirty Plump DJs-influenced booty tek - with some more serious industrial textures thrown in for good measure."

3 Squelcha (Live) (5:06)

"As the track name suggests, super-squelchy acid, performed and semi-improvised live on the newly remodeled Korg DS-10 portasynth/sequencer on the Nintendo DS gaming platform. Bouncy acid - super-duper tweaked before your ears."

4 Specialbraanch (6:21)

"Some seriously thick swaggering booty tek - inspired as much by dirty tech/electro as it is by some of my favourite post-rock acts (The Jesus Lizard, Ricaine). Think a Rickenbacker bass played through a big muff pedal, accompanied by a crankin' beatbox."

5 Cakey (Live Remix) (8:00)

"An older, unreleased remix of a wide open rolling techno/minimal track - produced and performed live on my old, trusty RS7000 groovebox."

Strongarm.jpg

Paul, who is a Boag's Strongarm Bitter man, puts it all in perspective best himself: "I have been producing and playing a more streamlined mélange of tough electro, minimal, deep house and techno in recent times, and I believe this is amply reflected on my debut IF? Records offering," he says.

if_banner.jpg