DJM 700 question(midi)Help!?!

ethanmansfield

OK so I'm not sure if this is a stupid question but im going to ask it anyway, can i run a DJM 700 into ableton live 8 and then have my midi key board going into one channel in ableton? and then like a launch pad or something else triggering effects and songs maybe. if so how would i go about setting it all up and wiring it in, and just explain how the whole concept sort of works.

Thank you :)

yes....all you need is a audio interface [ sound card ] with 6 pin midi input and midi output....

or a 6 pin midi to usb interface and a good audio interface [ sound card ]

if your usb midi keyboard , like my edirol pcr 500 has midi-merge ....you can plug the djm 700 str8 to the keyboard

ableton will see and use more than one midi device at the same time

Ijust need to know what you would like to do , ...and how you would like to play ableton in your sets before I give more info

like....if you had a audio interface with 6 pin midi inputs and midi outputs....you can bpm sync midi clock ...so any audio tracks you play on the djm 700 can be sync by the midi clock and sequences [play in time ] with ableton

PS... you might be in luck too... as I might sell a good usb midi keyboard and audio interface soon cheep