Deadmau5 Hates DJ's

Skank

I've gotten in a few arguments about this on a couple of forums already.

For the record, I don't know his music or care but...

This was taken out of context but no one seems to care because it's much easier to attack someone successful than to put some thought in to the fact that in reality he is just like you or me and was misquoted.

Similar thing happened when Lil Wayne (personally can't stand the guy, his music along with others is killing/killed hip hop) said "F**k Mixtape Dj's" even though the his career is thanks to mixtapes.

http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2008/05/4777/

I don't care what they say, it's not going to effect my enjoyment from mixing any time soon, and if they want to bitch and moan, good on 'em, I still wont be purchasing his repetitive music anytime soon (I think I own one record of his from a while back, first and last time lol).

Don't hate the guys, they have a talent that most of us have built a career/hobby from exploiting ;)

I had a chat to Jody6 about this on the weekend (he has over 50 signed releases so has been around the block a bit) and he pretty much agrees with deadmou5. The reason long-time producers hate djs is not because they think its a skill-less job, but because of the number of djs getting around now that think they are top shit simply because they are a dj. Everyone knows a dj that is completely up themselves and has groupies n shit all over them and their inflated ego, .. hell, i hate them too :P

Point is, as a dj show respect to the people who create the music you play, and dont think you are the biggest thing to happen to dance music unless you have the productions to back it, because anyone can dj but it takes talent to produce.

ps. i may have been drinking so this post may or may not make sense, and may or may not be 10000 words longer than i intended :P