Trakleton: Traktor and Ableton on 1 Macbook

Reon

Hey guys, Just thought I'd put up a discussion post about using traktor and ableton together and reaping the benefits of both. Does anyone else do the same and how do you use it and with what controllers? Also if you have any questions on the setup that I have.

I've only just set it up, but have previously had difficulties. I used soundflower and an older version of jackosx and they were both unstable (after a while they would glitch). The latest jackosx has shown to be relatively stable, in which I route 5 stereo channels from traktor to ableton and effects unit. I then use ableton as a mixer. I've set up my vestax vci400 as a controller for both traktor and ableton and 2 channel audio out from ableton sent to the vci400. I also have an F1 that i use for traktor. Dubspot has some good YouTube vids for setting up. The only other issue is the sync of midi between traktor and ableton. It seems to over time the clocks get out of sync, so it may be difficult to use ableton as a beat sampler to autosync.

The pros of this set up are:

- make full use of traktors DJ user friendly interface and for simply playing songs

- creative potential of ableton for samples and effects. You can then map knobs to complex multi chain effects using ableton.

Feel free to add to this discussion, or if you have a set up that may be similar.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk