Video: Integrating Controllers With EigenD

yizzle

TDzOuCg.gif

This video, by Mark Harris, takes a look at integration of controllers with EigenD – a free and open source performance environment.

Here’s what Harris has to say about it:

"In this video, I reveal a new EigenD agent I have written that allows a much deeper integration of controllers into the EigenD world.

This new agent converts midi into the much higher resolution and higher rate signals used by EigenD, it also supports 3 dimensions on every key press, strip controllers, breath and pedals.

Finally, it supports midi voice per channel and 14 bit midi for higher resolution and more expressive control. (useful for newer controllers like Madrona Soundplane, Haken Continuum, Linnstrument and iPad apps)

I demo a simple midi keyboard setup and move onto an unusual Leap Motion setup, then a iPad ThumbJam setup and finally Eigenharp Pico connecting via a second instance of EigenD on a different machine. (ThumbJam/Pico demo voice per channel)"

EigenD is available for free download at the EigenLabs site.

Source: synthtopia.com