Imagine Music Festival Celebrates A Very Successful 5th Year Anniversary

News

SBC-4870.jpgPhoto by @ShotsByCarl

This year marked the 5th anniversary to the electronic music and arts festival, Imagine. Located at the Atlanta Motor Speedway this festival did not disappoint and brought nothing but music, fun and laughter.

SBC-3346.jpgPhoto by @ShotsByCarl

Friday was the first day we got to the festival and it was very easy going. From previous years, the entry to the festival had been a nightmare with long lines, intense security checks and more. Well this year things were different. Imagine fixed the wait time to get in by having multiple entrances and more security checking people on the way in, things just ran smoother. Once we got in we were consumed by the bass and drops. Walking into the festival, down the stadium stairs rattling and shaking from the bass gave you such a big smile and excitement to be there.

SBC-6972.jpgPhoto by @ShotsByCarl

The first set we got to catch was Ployd as we walked into the festival. With the bass bumping and the crowd moving this was a great welcome in. As the night progressed we jumped back and forth from the Oceania stage to the Disco Inferno stage. Catching acts like Shlump, 12th Planet, Protohype, Galantis, Boogie T b2b Squnto and finally Armin Van Buuren friday was a wild time. My personal favorite from the Friday had to be Galantis. Check out the video below!

Saturday started with the crew getting a party bus to shuttle us from Atlanta to the Atlanta Motor Speedway. We arrived around 4:30pm just in time to catch the sets of Space Cadet, Leviatation Jones, Eoto and Ekali. This was just the beginning to a fun and bass filled night.

SBC-5552.jpgPhoto by @ShotsByCarl

Saturday was a lot of walking. With the opening of the Amazonia stage on the other end of the track from the main stage we made our way to and from these two quite a bit. From Ekali we headed to the Oceania stage to catch Liquid Stranger, Adventure Club and of course Bassnectar.

SBC-6538.jpgPhoto by @ShotsByCarl

Out of these three sets I have to honestly say that Liquid Stranger had the best set of the day. I know many of you will disagree and say Bassnectar was the best but not to me. Bassnectar was a lot of fun per usual but festivals are never his best sets. In my opinion I truly feel that Liquid Stranger brought the heat and dirty bass everyone was looking for during the weekend. With bigger and better drops, his set was hands down the filthiest of the Saturday acts. Check out the video below and let us know what you think.

View this post on Instagram

@liquidstranger threw down last night @imaginemusicfestival. #imaginemusicfestival #liquidstranger

A post shared by Katie Rose Hoffer (@thehungry_hiker) on Sep 23, 2018 at 12:10pm PDT

View this post on Instagram

Wait for it……..😈. #bassnectar #imaginefestival #basshead #bassnetwork

A post shared by Katie Rose Hoffer (@thehungry_hiker) on Sep 23, 2018 at 11:02am PDT

Finally comes Sunday, day three, the day only true festival goers can handle. As our crew decreased in size, our excitement and enjoyment did not. We got to the festival about 7pm to catch the heavy set from RL Grime himself. Having seen RL Grime a few times previous I knew was I was getting into but damn did he not crush it.

SBC-7713.jpgPhoto by @ShotsByCarl

Following his set we caught the dirty hour long throw down from Zeds Dead then made our way over to Shpongle and ended our night with a split of Zaskade and GRiZ.

SBC-8620.jpgPhoto by @ShotsByCarl

Overall this years Imagine Music & Arts festival was 100% a success. With amazing music, food and crowds this will continue to grow and become the EDC of the South. I can’t thank my friends, the IMF staff and everyone involved for such an amazing weekend. I cant wait for next year. Be sure to check out our photo album and grab your fan appreciation tickets for 2019 below. Enjoy.

GMAD x IMAGINE PHOTO ALBUM

PURCHASE 2019 IMF TICKETS NOW

The post Imagine Music Festival Celebrates A Very Successful 5th Year Anniversary appeared first on Verge Campus.

Source