Interview with Tove Styrke: Been There, Done That, Killin’ It

News

Been There, Done That, Killin’ It

One of the kindest souls I have ever had the honor of speaking to, Tove Styrke is on an amazing rocket ride that’s headed straight for the stars. Her music has always been so good, and I find myself saving the tracks every time she releases something new. As over-exaggerated as that sounds, it’s only the truth. Styrke has had a great story leading her through her musical career, and it only continues.

The Swedish-born artist Tove Styrke has been hard at work as she just released her new album Sway back in May of 2018. An incredible album that was! From start to finish, every pop song perfectly aligns with one another while still remaining individualized. I always find myself dancing to her music and quite literally swaying to the melody and beat. Listen to the album below:

The artist has just kicked off her fall 2018 North American headline tour, starting in Toronto! In the past, the songstress had a chance to tour with Lorde and Katy Perry. As you can see, she’s paving her path well for prosperous future in the industry.

Below is the tour list of where she’s headed this fall–be sure to catch her in your city!:

ToveStryke-UPDATED-National-2.jpg

The artist will also be headed to Boston, performing at the wonderful Cafe 939 venue on October 5th! You can grab tickets HERE.

Styrke got her official start in music when she performed for Swedish idol and received her first record deal from there. “I was 16 at the time, I was just a little baby. Since then, I’ve just been working and really taking my time figuring out what I really wanted to do and this past year has just been amazing… I just put out my 3rd album this year!” You could hear the excitement and pride in her voice and most of all the astonishment. “I’m just in a good place and everything leading up to right now, everything has been perfect timing…I couldn’t be happier where I am.” Though we were speaking over the phone, I could tell she was smiling, thinking about the amazing accomplishments she has managed to achieve in her musical career. All rightfully so and well deserved.

I went on to ask the songstress what her favorite song she has ever written is, and I was answered with a shriek. She had such a difficult time picking a track, it was so funny. “It changes every time I like so many of them…”I Lied” is much fun to perform, and I love “Sway”— it’s the title track of the album. It’s like the anthem of the album, like a feeling fest. And “Say My Name,” I’m very proud of that one.”

Styrke recently released an awesome track with the electronic producer duo, NOTD, titled “Been There, Done That.” I touched a little on that track and how it came to fruition between the three of them and what inspired it I the first place. “I have been in contact with Toby and Sam for a while. I really think they make such great things.” She starts to change her voice into more of a cute, older sister-tone, squealing “they’re like my little baby they’re so cute and so talented and we’ve been meaning to work on this song for so long.” When they did finally send her the song, she was instantly in love, and had to be a part of it. “I usually write everything I put out, so it was unusual to sing something I didn’t make, but there was something about it that was such a good fit.” She further confesses how happy she was that they picked her to be the vocals on the track as it was exactly the kind of music she loved to produce. A melancholy vibe with an upbeat tune. You could tell her gratitude is real.

(You can hear the new song HERE)

TOVESTYRKE_PHOTO_PRESS_ROMANTIC-Credit_E

“Every song needs to be fun, some aspect of it needs to be fun.” This is how Stryke defined how her music should sound to her fans. They should know that the core of her music “comes from some place real. It’s not just perfect, classic, bubble gum love. I want the music to be relatable and feel like something that you actually go through in life.” She admits this with such emphasis and generosity.

We got to finally discussing the tour. She begins to say “I am screaming I am so excited! I have been opening up for amazing people on tour with Katy Perry and Lorde. It’s so unreal and amazing. It feels great to come back now and do my own show and bring my whole album to the stage and translate this whole world this whole vibe to the stage. I’m also excited about my support act Aura. She’s so cute and so amazing.”

When it came to asking Styrke what her favorite part of being an artist is, she knew her answer. “I can do so many amazing things, and get to try to experience so many new amazing and exciting things.
And I get to take it easy and geek out in the studio and sit back and think. I can always broaden what my work involves because I’m self-employed! If I want to focus on merch I can do that…” she goes off to continue describe how she can work on a tour, or work on an album artwork, or work on a new project/song, and so on, and how amazing it is to truly be in a creative domain where you can be many roles, and not just one.

I was so curious to know from this ray of sunshine what fun fact we didn’t currently know about her, and she revealed this: “I think fans might not know that I’m kind of an introvert. I really really need time to myself and reload and think I really need time to process everything I go through. If I don’t take that time I am miserable.” I think that’s something that a lot of people could definitely understand. However, when she gets on that stage and sings, you can tell that she is there for the crowd and that she’s willing to share with everyone her music.

TOVESTYRKE_PHOTO_PRESS_FLOWER-Credit_Gus

I proceeded to ask, “who is someone you would love to collaborate with?”  She thinks for a moment and then replies “Rihanna. I think she’s the coolest person on the planet.”

So, what is this superstar On The Verge of? Styrke replies with a enthusiastic voice, “World domination!” We laugh together and sign off.

It was one of my greatest pleasures to chat with this incredible human and amazing singer/songwriter, and my excitement can’t be contained for her future endeavors. Thank you, girl, for taking the time to chat with me, and please keep shining on!

Be sure to follow her on socials to see where she’s headed next!

Weather | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

The post Interview with Tove Styrke: Been There, Done That, Killin’ It appeared first on Verge Campus.

Source