A Night of Super Love with Whethan at Boston’s Royale 9.25.18

News

A Night of Super Love

Whethan proved that his music is something magical to me after a night at Boston’s Royale nightclub. Whethan performed on Tuesday, September 25th to a crowd dancing their feet off and singing along to all of his best tracks, and that night was the first time I had ever seen so many people having a blast on a Tuesday night.

The artist has had a blossoming career, starting at the age of 16 when he was discovered by the OWSLA founder, Skrillex. Since then, Whethan has collaborated with an incredible roster of artists including: Dua Lipa, Charli XCX, Elohim, Oh Wonder, Broods, Oliver Tree, MAX, Ashe, Opia, Mascolo, and more.

His music is fascinating in how it has a way to shape shift and mold into whatever sound it needs to be in order to complement the vocalist, and it always happens to do it so pristinely. If there was any definition for “feel good” tunes, his music would definitely fit the criteria. Every track is just a song to play as you wake up and go through the motions of your day, through excitement, through love, through heartbreak, through showers, through work, through school, through play, through the rough times and so on. It’s the kind of music you can soundtrack your life to, and I think that’s what makes him such a prolific artist in the electronic-pop scene.

The show itself was just as energized as his music. The crowd bounced as their shadows danced under the lazers that strobed and flashed to the harmonies in the music. Everyone knew the songs, danced as if they had no one watching them, and seemed to just be living their best life in that hour and half of musical encounters.

Whethan himself was masked behind a tapestry that had projecting images dance across its surface, matching the music with abstract graphics and videos of California scenery. Overall, it was a great night–a kind of night you need when you just need to let go and let your mind wander and be free to daydream.

Whethan recently released a new single with another one of my favorite acts, Honne, titled “Radar.” Listen to it below!

The producer is still on the road nearing the end of his USA tour, where he will next be heading to Urbana, Detroit, Madison, and ending in his hometown Chicago! Here are some of  the photos I captured from the show below. Highly recommend attending his concert if you haven’t yet, because it’s a night to not forget, a night full of super love.

IMG_9144.jpg

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9105.jpg

IMG_9099.jpg

IMG_9082.jpg

IMG_9076.jpg

IMG_9045.jpg

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9024.jpg

Be sure to follow Whethan on social media to follow his music journey!

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Spotify

The post A Night of Super Love with Whethan at Boston’s Royale 9.25.18 appeared first on Verge Campus.

Source