Pioneer CDJ1000's - which is better, Vinal Mode or CDJ Mode?

Hey all,

Just wondering, ive always seen in clubs DJ's using the Vinyl mode and not the CDJ mode when mixing. I personally prefer the CDJ mode as i feel i can grab the first beat of the track alot easier in this mode. But then again, never really given the Vinyl Mode a chance.

I know the basic functions of the two but wonder why the Vinyl mode seems to be the preferred mode?

cheers

never turned off vinyl mode. you can still launch a track with the play button (useful if the beat is right on the first frame of the track), still use the side platter for pitch bending.

The only things cdj mode offers is stutter cueing and the extra safety in case you hit the top platter, it doesn't stop like in vinyl mode.

Yeah, i just don't understand why the Vinyl is the preferred mode when i see others play out at clubs etc.

I always like to have the safety factor of the cdj mode in case i do bump the platter etc. plus, i find it heaps easier to catch the beat with the stutter cueing.

Always kinda stumps me!