The Ratcatcher

TheRatcatcher

So how did it all begin? A contiki tour, a warped brother, a deep rabbit hole................the rest is history.

Where did the name come from? I like the idea of a DJ being a neo-pied piper of sorts so it's a play on that.

What gave you that initial push? My brother (Pride).

Which came first: DJ'ing, Production or Promoting? DJing

Who's throwing the best parties at the moment? Depends on my mood

Which other countries have you played/put parties on? zilch

What was the first event you ever played at/put on? A Rushn industry christmas party many years back.

What’s the best event you've played at/put on? Break Inn - Chinese Laundry or Wanna Break? - Burdekin Hotel.

What was your first record you bought? Lectrolux - Fearless

What was the first CD you bought? The Exploited or Sepultura

Out of all the tunes you have, which one 'never fails'? Prodigy - Spitfire (Dirty Funker remix).

What's your favourite tune of all time? Born Slippy

When all the partying is over how do you like to chill out? Real daggy I know but I love my small balcony garden at my place - kinda therapeutic to just sit outside for a meal or a beer.

So how is the Australian scene in your eyes at the moment? Very strong, sky's the limit for anyone who really wants to apply themselves to their craft.

How old are you? Old enough to know better (31)

Where do you live? Sydney, Aus

What can you remember of playing/being at your first live set? Was playing a warm up before the place opened and the 1st DJ didn't show so before I knew it I was the 1st DJ.

How big is your vinyl collection? Bout 4 crates

or

How big is your CD collection? About to grow a lot bigger - turning to the dark side and getting my 1st CDJ's in a week or so - I'm a purist no more lol

Funniest thing that ever happened at an event? The funny stuff usually happens in the small hours back at home after the event.

Other DJ's you rate? Pride, Trent Rackus, Imperial, Pee Wee all from the Sydders scene - too many internationals to list.

What are your feelings on the MC's? FFS Shhhhhhhh!!!!

What do you do outside of the music scene? Corporate whore

What advice would you give to up and coming DJ's/Promoters? Keep at it, and never lose the beat.......oh and make sure you're in it for the right reason.

When you play is it mostly pre-planned or on the fly? On the fly.

If you could put yourself as the res DJ in any scene, where would you choose? I would love to be a resident at Civic Underground; the sound system is insane!!!!