cottie aka orbit

cottie

So how did it all begin? Discovered downstairs@the beat niteclub in brissy in the year 2001. thinks to self.." if i can work an ATM, i can work turntables, they both being machines"

Where did the name come from? Sacttered as at a recovery i was told..." you are that far out there you are in orbit" so orbit i became!

What gave you that initial push? tax refund= bought some decks!

Which came first: DJ'ing, Production or Promoting? mixin!

Who's throwing the best parties at the moment? dj decipher- river city gabber crew.

Which other countries have you played/put parties on? Some made up countries like Woot-land and Doof-town hahahaha. i'm not allowed to leave the state let alone the country

What was the first event you ever played at/put on? Livewire@souths leagues club-2007. put on by fuse!

What’s the best event you've played at/put on? dj comp@the beat

What was your first record you bought? Twisted- wayne g vs stuart who!

What was the first CD you bought? rage against the machine-self titled

Out of all the tunes you have, which one 'never fails'? Rudetalk-zappaman. on "dance pollution"

What's your favourite tune of all time? mani-x- the prophet vs beholder(i think)

When all the partying is over how do you like to chill out? read books n mix traks

So how is the Australian scene in your eyes at the moment? brissy scene dying thru red-neck0ness and lack of decent venues. boo hiss.

How old are you? 29

Where do you live? little town of Caboolture- north of brisbane

What can you remember of playing/being at your first live set? extreme terror!!!

How big is your vinyl collection? What do you think of CDJ's?

or

How big is your CD collection? What do you think of Turntables? 100 or so useable tracks. (Vinyl) keen to learn cd's

Funniest thing that ever happened at an event?tripped out real hard n shit melted.

Other DJ's you rate?river city gabber crew. protrax. evilzon, any beat dj.

What are your feelings on the MC's?if its done well im for it

What do you do outside of the music scene? student.

What advice would you give to up and coming DJ's/Promoters? buy some gabber and play it at 180bpm till the dancefloor is clear of wanna beees

When you play is it mostly pre-planned or on the fly? pre-planned

If you could put yourself as the res DJ in any scene, where would you choose?

resident at scantraxx- holland! that would be fucken WOOT!