technics sl1210/1200 mk2 values

imadje

PLEASE POST VALUE OF ANY TECHNICS SL1210/1200 MKII SOLD OR BOUGHT ON THE 2ND HAND MARKET.

So it's official/old news and i guess you all know. The MKII original technics is no longer in production.

Shops in the u.k. have bumped the prices on the end of their stock to nearly £700 english money, which is just over $1000 aus dollar

http://www.decks.co.uk/technics_homepage/

Check the letter from panasonic to the retailers on the link above for a little piece of history.

Ebay and amazon second hand prices havent changed much...

I paid £350 for each of mine in 1999. They have been well maintained and never modified. I know loads of folk alter/destroy their decks with blue lights/pitch mods etc... Now i'm thinking that a machine of such iconic status is likely to maintain some value and that possibly some of the untouched units in a good state will become more and more valuable as they get rarer and rarer...or maybe the mk5 and other units will just replace them and result in them being worthless?

So maybe we could use this thread to keep an eye on what Technics are selling for secondhand?

If you or anyone you know buys or sells a pair or even a single please post the price, condition and retailer in here... we may be able to follow the evolution of an antique...then cash in our chips if we're lucky enough to have some!

PLEASE ONLY POST TECHNICS SL1200 or 1210 MK II OR YOU BREAK THE THREAD.