Introductions

Soz mate. You can use a program like Cool Edit which is free.

You can load your mix into that and cut out your intro from your mix and save it as a seperate file. that way you will have it to change and use. Cool Edit will also give you a huge range of effects and things to warp your sounds.

I hope this helped a little more..

Soz mate. You can use a program like Cool Edit which is free.

You can load your mix into that and cut out your intro from your mix and save it as a seperate file. that way you will have it to change and use. Cool Edit will also give you a huge range of effects and things to warp your sounds.

I hope this helped a little more..

Dont think we're trying to cut an intro out of a mix here though. Trying to create a new intro audio file.

i think thats whats happening anyway.

Do you not have the option of recording yourself saying it? Either with a mic, a built-in mic on your laptop or even headphones if it came to it?

*slaps forehead*

i can be kinda useless :teef:

i think what you said was spot on russell, because even if you dont like the sound of your voice (who does) you can tweak it so i will never sound like you, maybe even better :)

Text to speech editors also sound very similar. So maybe weigh up the pros & cons of

- you knowing its your voice

or

- other people knowing where the sound came from

I work for a large financial organisation mostly call centre work, but partially administration as well. A lot of my job is based on talking on the phone.

Edit:: im not too fussed if the audience knows the voice comes from a known source (eg txt to speech editor), but yeah, pretty adamant my voice isn't going on there, maybe not until im "good" haha. Just to re-emphasise, this is only to kill time and muck around at the moment, at least while im learning.

you should have a look into what effects programs you can get for free (not sure if your willing to pay) and have a play around with them. Can really make your own voice sound very different from reality.

Worth it just for the mucking about with effect bit regardless. ;)

haha! yeah, to be honest bro, I hate it.. When I was a kid I used to much around taping my voice, since I hate it.. but yeah, dont mind even if I get a free editor, but so long as its not that stantard robot from the windows application lol.

Ill have a play around tonight I believe!

edit:: Thanks Russell.. but yeah, no offense intended, but if *I* know its my voice, even if its warped enough to sound totrally different, I wont use it haha.

Cheers :)