Crossover

boostedVT

Hi Guys,

I am currently in the market to expand on my speaker set up.

I am currently just running a crown amp with JBL JRX125's but looking at adding another set of speakers (self powered) along with a self powered subwoofer (looking at dual 18inch RCF 8006AS) and maybe one more speaker on its own (like a monitor one, I think that's what its called.

So can someone tell me what type of cossover will I require to hook up all this gear? I want something that will give me good control and sound. And good quality with a reputable brand

Thanks

So far you have made 2+ threads about this.

Mate unless you have at least a set of 4 private roadies I wouldn't even touch a dual 18.

I have a single 18, and it requires AT LEAST 2 people to get it in and out of the car, not to mention you will probably need a trailer to move the rest of it.

Look for home use you're not going to need pa, especially a dual 18, in fact studio stuff with a proper studio sub would be alot better, as pa tends to get abit boomy up close.

Id grab a pair of these, I'm getting them myself and they are incredible, the amount of low end they have is insane

http://www.belfieldmusic.com.au/krk-rok ... itors.html

And if you want more bass, you can get a krk 10 studio sub.

If your really stuck with pa though, grab these, soundpond use these for all there public events and they sound like they have a sub even without it. There also really light and mobile.

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/JBL-PRX615M

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/JBL-PRX618S-XLF

Seriously, a dual 18 will sound like rubbish in a home as all you will be able to hear is rattling (I'm not even kidding about that, especially under a verandah, its ridiculous).

You also could be limited by your cdj's and mixer, I've never trusted American audio when it comes to quality.

With the money left over from the monitors, you could get a pair of cdj 900's and a 800 mixer, which is an insanely good setup.

Seriously, monitors, get them.

Seriously, A decent mixer like the djm 800 will go great, and hooks straight up to the speakers via rca to xlr cable. (Assuming there powered)

I would not recommend getting an 18 for home use, and I wouldn't recommend combining monitors with PA. Also that thing weighs 90kg, it would be ridiculous to move.

PA is too boomy for the home, and a dual 18 sub would destroy it (My single 18 alone does that). Also I would recommend getting 2 speakers for stereo sound at least, especially if you want decent quality.

TLDR;

Get a set of krk 10's and a sub, you will have enough left over for a djm 800 and two cdj 900's. Using a dual 18 sub or anything decent really is like putting a Toyota yaris engine in a 370z.

So far you have made 2+ threads about this.
Mate unless you have at least a set of 4 private roadies I wouldn't even touch a dual 18.

I have a single 18, and it requires AT LEAST 2 people to get it in and out of the car, not to mention you will probably need a trailer to move the rest of it.

Look for home use you're not going to need pa, especially a dual 18, in fact studio stuff with a proper studio sub would be alot better, as pa tends to get abit boomy up close.

Id grab a pair of these, I'm getting them myself and they are incredible, the amount of low end they have is insane

http://www.belfieldmusic.com.au/krk-rok ... itors.html

And if you want more bass, you can get a krk 10 studio sub.

If your really stuck with pa though, grab these, soundpond use these for all there public events and they sound like they have a sub even without it. There also really light and mobile.

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/JBL-PRX615M

https://www.storedj.com.au/products/JBL-PRX618S-XLF

Seriously, a dual 18 will sound like rubbish in a home as all you will be able to hear is rattling (I'm not even kidding about that, especially under a verandah, its ridiculous).

You also could be limited by your cdj's and mixer, I've never trusted American audio when it comes to quality.

With the money left over from the monitors, you could get a pair of cdj 900's and a 800 mixer, which is an insanely good setup.

Seriously, monitors, get them.

Seriously, A decent mixer like the djm 800 will go great, and hooks straight up to the speakers via rca to xlr cable. (Assuming there powered)

I would not recommend getting an 18 for home use, and I wouldn't recommend combining monitors with PA. Also that thing weighs 90kg, it would be ridiculous to move.

PA is too boomy for the home, and a dual 18 sub would destroy it (My single 18 alone does that). Also I would recommend getting 2 speakers for stereo sound at least, especially if you want decent quality.

TLDR;

Get a set of krk 10's and a sub, you will have enough left over for a djm 800 and two cdj 900's. Using a dual 18 sub or anything decent really is like putting a Toyota yaris engine in a 370z.

haha I love the car analogy!

But I am getting a purpose built room to house everything in my new house. So I dont need to worry about the crappy sound part.

Is a DJM800 campable of running all the gear mentioned above (4 speakers and subwoofer) 2 of the speakers will be powered and the other 2 are running off an amp.

Sure is, the djm 800 was club standard for along time, some people our days still prefer it.

It's definitely better built cosmetically than the djm 900 for sure.

310095620DJM-800_rear_med.jpg

You have a bit of a choice when hooking all that, here's my recommendation though.

Run the xlr left and right out into the amp, then daisy chain it (Should have another set of xlr's to put it through to more speakers) to the 18 sub, then daisy chain again to the two stand alone pa speakers.

Would probably be easier/cheaper/sound better to just use the two 15 stand alone pa speakers with the 18 sub. The old jbl's could mud up the sound abit.

Then it would just be left and right xlr into sub, daisy chain into two other speakers.

I am not fussed about cost as the crossovers arent overly expensive. Would it be easier to control everything off the crossover compared to the mixer?

I am going to upgrade my decks and mixer if not I will just get the mixer now instead of the crossover