User Profile Errors - Halp

Scottie

So recently my windows 7 laptop left the domain it was originally on (detnsw.win) and then my account became inaccessible. No problem, I just made a new local user and copy everything over. So I finish doing this, log out and turn off the laptop, turn it on the next morning and the account is again inaccessible. It shows up as account unknown.

I back up everything, delete the user account and enable the default admin. When it logs in, it tells me that the profile has been loaded with the default Try to create a new user, doesn't respond at all. The only way I can make a new user is by opening the command prompt,and it's throwing me errors when I try to log in using the newly created user: "User Profile Service service has failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Delete that account, log in as administrator and look at the registry. There's nothing in there that is out of the ordinary except for the lack of accounts in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.

When I do log in as the administrator, a notification comes up telling me that "Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you with the default profile for the system." When I would try to log in as a normal account that I've created in safe mode, it would give me the same notification.

I don't have any restore points, and it'd be much easier if any solution didn't involve reinstalling windows - that's what I'm trying to avoid at the moment.