help from digital people

LabRat

sup everyone,

i'm in need of a home mixing set up, nothing serious hence why i'm looking at some basic digital gear. cdj's are still my weapons of choice but i want a basic set up at home so i can record some demos and what not.

i've been looking around and i'm digging serato, the shit part is i'm being a bit of a tightass at the moment and ideally i don't wanna fork out over 800 bucks. pioneer are releasing a DDJ-SB controller soonish (in stores) and i've considered that. however, the fact it doesn't have gain/trim knobs trips me out and its putting me off. i've looked at the DDJ-SR (i think it is) and that's an option if i need one.

on the other hand, i like the idea of the traktor x1 mk2. it's cheap, comes with traktor pro and i can continue to play vinyl along side it with my current set up, without timecode vinyl… but i'm not too interested in traktor. so, for someone who isn't dedicating to a "bedroom" set up, should i just go with the X1 and not be so fussy or are controllers with jog wheels the way to go?