Beginners Set Up Opinions - Pioneer DDJ-SB2

PE42CY

Hey all,

I am looking at purchasing a beginners set up and originally had my eye on a pair of Pioneer CDJ-350's and a DJM 350, but I would like to buy brand new if I can. I think is smallest pioneers go now when buying the mixer and CDJ's separately are the 750/850 respectively (please correct me if I'm wrong). Which brings me to my next option.

The Pioneer DDJ-SB2 controller.

PIO-DDJSB2_2.jpg

I originally wanted to purchase a mixer and CDJ's separately but the original outlay seems expensive, especially when I have never even tried my hand at beat matching. So, is the DDJ-SB2 a good option for someone who is just starting out, learning the ins and outs of beat matching, DJing, and playing and practicing in their house? Keep in mind though, I do eventually want to start playing gigs, as I am sure this will effect my equipment choice.

All opinions and insight, welcomed and wanted! :)

that's a perfect option on a budget. there's obviously cheaper controllers but those platters feel pretty good. if you like it and start chasing gigs you won't need to upgrade controllers from that one unless you're looking for more inputs / functionality. my suggestion would be to get that

• 3 weeks later...