Rane SL mixer V "normal mixer" +serato combo

krsjuan

So I've had the TT57SL mixer for a while now, and I've gotten to the point where I understand the unit, but, I am not sure if it's the mixer for me.

I find that the mixer is excellent as far as cuing etc goes. But swapping between functions such as the cueing and effects feels a little time consuming and prone to mistakes. IE pressing a button thinking I have it set on effects but actually having it set on cueing...

For those who don't know the mixer, pretty much the unit doesnt have effects buttons/cueing buttons dedicated solely to one purpose, but you alternate between these functions.

My main question really is, would I be better with a serato+mixer... and what are the drawbacks to this type of setup?

cheers

OK so i think I am pretty set on updating my mixer. the 57SL just isnt what I need.

Suggestions for a good alrounder mixer, scratching & mixing

Im thinking i might go with a pioneer for ease of use. especially in terms of effects etc..

suggestions?

A&H Xone 42

or djm 800?

both pretty solid mixers

Yeah I've had a look at the 800. but im not so sure about giving up the rane now...

What do yo reckon are the main differences between having a DJM800+serato box V the 57SL mixer?

from what i understand, I would need a sound card to record?

you can record on your 57SL,

dont give up on that mixer yet,

the future of that mixer with the bridge and other serato goodness is all nicely mapped out for you ,

or if you are using 2.0 you can pre map the internal dj EFX to your 57 how ever way you want them, which make your dj life much more fun,

go to www.serato.com for more