hi from RhemyD

RhemyD

So how did it all begin? Working with audio tech since around year 9 in high school, logical progression was DJ’ing. Started around October 2006.

Where did the name come from? RhemyD : Richard Henry Edwin Matthews aka Dick, the y just is for artistic creation.

What gave you that initial push? One of my mates needed a hand DJ’ing a gig, so I put up my hand and the rest is history.

Which came first: DJ'ing, Production or Promoting? DJ’ing. Want to get into the others though :P

Who's throwing the best parties at the moment? Would’t have a clue! I’ve got a two year old lol. As for playing the best, well you can’t go wrong hiring RhemyD Entertainment ;) (sly I know)

Which other countries have you played/put parties on? I wish.

What was the first event you ever played at/put on? Someones 50th.

What’s the best event you've played at/put on? Flinders University House’s Annual ball, was also my first official function working for Somers Entertainment.

What was your first record you bought? Will be time coded vinyl in coming months.

What was the first CD you bought? Linkin Park’s Hybrid Theory

Out of all the tunes you have, which one 'never fails'? Nutbush :P (I’m a party DJ)

What's your favourite tune of all time? No idea

When all the partying is over how do you like to chill out? Sitting at home, thinking of my next mix.

So how is the Australian scene in your eyes at the moment? In Adelaide? Too small, no matter who I ask no one is willing to give me the necessary info to break into the club scene. It’s friken annoying.

How old are you? 19, 20 in February.

Where do you live? Maslin beach! In Adelaide South Australia

What can you remember of playing/being at your first live set? It was dodgy as all hell, was using two CDJ100’s an iPod and a laptop with iTunes. Totally not going to ever do that again.

How big is your vinyl collection? What do you think of CDJ's?

or

How big is your CD collection? What do you think of Turntables? Shrug? I’ll get back to you. Turntables? I wont a pair so I can controller VDJ.

Funniest thing that ever happened at an event? A drunk chick trying to hit on me.

Other DJ's you rate?

What are your feelings on the MC's?

What do you do outside of the music scene? University. Electrical and electronic engineering combined with mathematics and computer science.

What advice would you give to up and coming DJ's/Promoters? I am one… help?

When you play is it mostly pre-planned or on the fly? Pre-planned 

If you could put yourself as the res DJ in any scene, where would you choose? House.