Anyone done this? TT thru vocoder

Mr_Lee

Ok, so I'm trying my first dubstep track and I've got my wobbly bass line, and decided to dirty it up some....

Im using reason 4, I have Subtractor synth, thru scream4 sound destructor

and then thru spider audio splitter.

from the splitter i have one feed going straight to the reason mixer, and one thru the vocoder. (carrier signal)

for the modulator i have my timecode vinyl running thru input 3/4(i could just use 3 I guess, but I havent re cabled anything for this to work, if i was short on channels i would probably drop it to a mono channel) and this is picked up via a Rewuschel/Rewire setup and fed to the modulation input on the vocoder.

this then carries on to another channel on the mixer.

the result is almost like a wahwah, but......well, way better and so much control.

I need to figure out how(or indeed, if) i can record straight to file as Traktor Scratch does, or how i can get the result onto soundcloud for you guys to hear.

It wasnt hard to set up, it just took me ages to come up with the idea in the first place..

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section,

Cheers

Jason

the splitting of the audio gives a fuller sound.

i get the full range of the carrier signal, but also get the vocoded effect.

without splitting, the carrier is only heard whilst the plater is moving, and even then it sounds heavily filtered....like a sweep pad. sort of.

im not using traktor in this setup. i want to record straight to mp3 or wav, like you can when mixing in traktor.

i had a look at that link. Waaay over my head. I got no idea wtf they are talking about.

cheers

Jason