Traktor Trouble shooting

mikew598

Factor 1 : a mate was playing around with traktor on my Macbook Pro trying to mix music just on the computer nothing plugged in. i dont know what he did

Factor 2 : recently have downloaded latest Mac OSX software

Factor 3 : Downloaded the latest updates from the service centre but think i did this after the problem started.

Ok so i plugg my usb cable from the Audio 8 Dj into my laptop and i get no connection.

When i go into my system preferences/sound/output, Audio 8 Dj is not selected as the in and output source so then i do select it and still nothing?

The message that comes up when i select it is ' the selected device has no output controls'

Now i think this may have something to do with my computer settings and not traktor and the audio dj.

Why ? Because i recently bought a M Audio Audiophile USB interface and i cant get that to work either. Once again i get the same message. " the selected device has no output controls"

Can anyone help ?

much appreciated

are you running the right sound card driver...???

mac's use core audio drivers...not ASIO drivers

is you mac a new i3 , i5 or i7 ...because I know the i series mac & p.c CPU chipset have a problem with usb 1.1...that might be the problem with your M-Audio card...but not the audio 8 sound card as its usb 2

yea i run a i7 ??? ive had my traktor going for quite a while now but my M Audio i havent gotten to work...So your saying the i 3 5 7s dont understand the device or its the usb ? its been bugging me so much this m audio usb audiophile interface any reconmendations on a audio interface that will ?

most i3 , i5 & i7 pc & mac dont like usb 1.1..

I have a HP dv6 i5.....and the thing is shit

both my Edirol fa 66 firewire sound card & Esi u 46 dj USB 1.1 sound card dont work right

both these sound cards work good on my old ASUS p4 laptop...and its only a 2.4 gig with 1gig off ram running windows XP pro sp3....and it shit all over my new $1700 shit-box i5..FUCK'N-THING

have a look over at serato forums about all the people with i5 & i7 + SL1 ( usb 1.1 ) both 32 bit & 64 bit that are having problems ...there's like a 1000 off them

http://www.serato.com/forum/discussion/327412

just use your NI audio 8 sound card that has audio & midi ...its usb 2...why do you need another sound card/audio midi interface...

well lazyness really my studio is in another room seperate from my decks.... i will have to sell my m audio ill put it on ebay thanks for your help! truly ive been wondering for so long why this shit happens it sounds a bit fucked to me now though as in ' how can this be ' but yea that sucks thankyou!

HID mode is human interface device mode, so you plug the two decks directly into your lappy via usb cables and you dont need the audio 8/timecoded cds to use.

you need to go into your audio midi settings on your mac and make a new aggreate device selecting the two decks, then fire up traktor and use that newly created aggreate device (should come up as 0 In 4 Out)

then all you hve to do is load the appropriate midi tsi file for whatever decks you are using (can download these from www.pioneerdj.com) as a new generic midi device, save that off and youre set.

hmm not too sure if it will work if you are using two different models of deck though sorry

just 2 usb cables, but the decks have to have HID support i dont think the 800s do as ive been trying to find a youtube video for you but no luck. Also beause youre using two diff decks i dont think it will work either unless you dick around loading two different midi mapping files for the specific decks