Denon

tramonte

hey guys,

I'm considering getting a cd player and am looking at somethingg like the Denon 3500.

anyone had any experience with them? i'll probs go with denon as i reallyy cant justify paying over a grand for a cd player (it'll mainly be an addition to my vinyl addiction, not main source of music).

Any thoughts?

i'm not 100% which model but i played on denon cdj's before. It had some really crap scratch mode thing?? then only way you can mix with it is by using these 2 buttons above the pitch fader so you cant use the platter to move the track faster/slower

but not sure if its the same one. i reconmend paying $50 to hire it on a saturday night and have a play around before buying it

you can turn off the spinning platter, and also change the cueing mode so it's like a pio cdj.

3700 is a little strange though, it has wave display but if you are playing off a cd, you have to save the wave display first, it can't build it on the fly. I guess it's really a midi controller with the cd player thrown in almost as an afterthought

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the feel of the platter compared to the denons,

I can see the denons have a lot more features, but that doesn't bother me (I'm coming from vinyl, how little features can you get lol).

It does what I need it to do, I just need to get used to cdj's.

Yeah I only got 1.