Routing signal onto laptop speakers

RhemyD

Hi All!

Long time no see.... anyways I want to use my onboard laptop speakers at home to put out the same signal that im recording as im recording it. Does anyone know how to route a signal coming in off of an external sound card on to the pc's onboard speakers?

A friend of mine said he did it using xp (same os as I) awhile ago but can't remember how he did it.

cheers

Behringer UCA200 x 2

Yeah i know i can do it via the line input on the mic to get the signal directly on the soundcard, trying to do it without having to make up a cable for it though.

I figure theres already input coming into the card which is going into my comp there should be a way to take that input and put it onto the sound card digitally... I so don't want to have to write code to do it either. That would SO defeat the purpose.

using VDJ giving me to outs to the soundcards. Taken those two into my mixer. Passing the mixers booth out (coz its got a pre amp on it) onto the line in on one of the sound cards... recording wise using sony sound forge 9.

I know sound forge 9 has a monitor live the recoridng input but there is about a 0.6 seocnd lag so it makes using it DJ wise impossible