SERATO in HID

Skank

ive recently started using serato in HID mode which is handy due to the CDJ functions remaining available and the removal of the RCA's

does anyone have any storys regarding using HID in opposed to RCA or horror story's ?

im yet to use this mode playing out but think ill give it a go next gig

I've got my CDJ400s hooked up to Traktor in HID mode. The problem I find is that if I change the sound settings and/or control details, its always a bugger to set them up again. I wouldnt want to do it in a hurry or between sets. Traktor needs a feature where you can save a profile (eg HID mode, standalone PC and so on) that saves the settings. Appart from that its been pretty stable and I havn't had any drop outs etc.

As with all laptop Dj'ing, take some discs as a backup just in case (and have the RCAs ready to go).

• 3 weeks later...

I've herd they work really well with serato, i trialed hid mode on virtual dj just to try it and it worked really well. Was plug and play and basically went into the settings and chose one deck as the left soundcard and the other as the right worked well.