First Mash up attempt

SonicBoom

Pretty solid for your first mashup man! What program did you use?

The vocals in the second breakdown were out of beat by a few kicks, they probably should of came in at 2:30 but they came in a bit too early. Same with the last little breakdown.

So the second breakdown, i think it should of come in later - "Open up your HEART (when he says heart, that should be on the kick at 2:30)

In the last one, the vocals should of come in slightly earlier - "Counting down the MINUTES (when he says minutes, it should be on the kick)

Hope this helps!

Agreeing with alot of what addi said.

Still for a first mash up is head and shoulders above what alot of people dish out when they begin.

The placement and syncing of vocals can be quite tricky to get good at.

Structure wise they sound fine but as addi said a couple of beats out of postion, a good tip would be to load the till tonight original in whatever program you use just above the wanker song to see where to start it.

If you can link me to the wanker track ill whip up an example i have the till tonight acapella.

But yeah overall very good, might be a touch out of key but that could also just be making sound out due to the placement.

EDIT

Ended up being a fair bit out of key, do you know about/understand keys and harmonic relationships?

It basically means the tones of tracks match, heaps of djs use the technique for mixing, and its necessary for bootlegs to make mash ups sound awesome.

I still made it with the positioning of the vocals taken from the till tonight original, you will get the idea but it still sounds off because of the key conflict.

If you have the money man definitley invest in Mixed In Key, other programs like Rekordbox and virtual dj can give you keys but not as accurately.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/42057137/file.html

thanks for all the input guys will definitely take it all on board very helpful :)

Addi: did the mash up in audacity dude, had a feeling i messed up the timing on the second breakdown

Gremm1s: had a feeling they were out of key lol ad a look at MIK really gonna ivest in it when i get a lil disposable income hahah but dont really wanna trust Rekordbox

thanks for all the input guys will definitely take it all on board very helpful :)

Addi: did the mash up in audacity dude, had a feeling i messed up the timing on the second breakdown

Gremm1s: had a feeling they were out of key lol ad a look at MIK really gonna ivest in it when i get a lil disposable income hahah but dont really wanna trust Rekordbox

Grab the free home edition of virtual dj that does a pretty good job of key reading.